Business Development Manager, Ft. Wayne Mad Ants with Pacers Sports & Entertainment in Fort Wayne, IN
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Fort Wayne, IN
Marketing: Business Development
SUMMARY: This position sells corporate partnerships, season tickets & group packages to prospective companies interested in marketing their brand and entertaining clients and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prospect companies for new business development opportunities
- Meet daily & weekly sales activity expectations including phone calls, e-mails, social media, face-to-face appointments and networking events
- Remain dedicated to continual education of sales process and implementation of learned techniques from sales training
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding all individual and department sales goals
- Target companies that have potential to partner with the Mad Ants through various marketing elements (i.e. signage, promotions, etc.) and through various ticketing elements (i.e. premium seats, group outings, etc.)
- Continually bring ideas and initiatives to management that uncover new business opportunities and increase corporate partnership & corporate ticket related revenues
- Provide unsurpassed customer service for various issues during games and normal business hours
- Entertain current clients and premium prospects at creative events
- Attend various events that may help the Mad Ants establish relationships and/or increase brand awareness within the Fort Wayne community. These events may happen during non-business hours.
- Game day responsibilities include:
a. Supervise the set up and break down of the Coliseum which includes but is not limited to: information booth, seat backs, lobby signage, box seat signage, etc.
b. Seat visits with corporate partners, season ticket holders and groups
c. Welcome fans as they arrive to the game
d. Thank fans for attending as they depart
e. Coordinate and run “Court of Dreams” or any other in-game fan experience package (FEP)
f. Assist at the information booth as needed
g. Handle and resolve “game emergency” situations and ticket issues with any customer as needed Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate must have a strong work ethic and a burning desire to build a career in professional sports.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, and direct sales experience including selling directly to public/consumers is preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively (oral & written) with all types of clients, co-workers, and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively under pressure and when working under a deadline.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as analyzing costs, making change, and figuring statistics.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
When dealing with prospects, clients and customers, employee must show discretion when making recommendations on seating, package decisions, pricing, etc.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
5. Move heavy objects
7. Use 10 key calculator
8. Use telephone
9. Use computer
10. Work very long and unusual hours
11. Be exposed to loud noises
12. Speak, hear and write.
Employee should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. as well as Archtics and Salesforce CRM platforms. Ability to pick up and effectively use new technologies a must.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
2. The noise level in the Coliseum/game environment is usually loud.
3. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?
What are your top three strengths?
Tell us about some sales successes you have had in a prior role?