Ball Kid - Fort Wayne Mad Ants with Pacers Sports & Entertainment in Fort Wayne, IN
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Fort Wayne, IN
Player Operations: Ballperson/Batperson
SUMMARY: This part-time game-night position will assist the Mad Ants front office staff as an integral member of our game-night staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research leads and update prospect lists as needed
- Report at least 90 minutes prior to tipoff
- Rebound for home or visiting players during pregame and halftime warmups
- Retrieve shooting shirts and pants for players checking into the game for home and visiting teams
- Take shooting shirts, pants, towels, Gatorade to home and visiting team locker rooms at halftime and postgame
- Monitor and dry sweat or spilled drinks when visible on the court during the game
- Serve Gatorade and towels to home or visiting players and coaches during games
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate must have a strong work ethic.
Must be at least 14 years old and have a work permit
Ability to communicate effectively (oral & written) with all types of clients, co-workers and fans. Ability to communicate effectively under pressure and when working under a deadline.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
5. Move heavy objects
7. Work very long and unusual hours
8. Be exposed to loud noises
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the Coliseum/game environment is usually loud.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to work game nights and weekends?