The Training & Staff Development Specialist will help identify training and development needs within PS&E and create and implement high quality training and development solutions to attract, retain and engage top talent. This position will: participate in the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training efforts and integrate best practices; work closely with all departments and individuals within PS&E to determine and prioritize training & development needs; develop a training & development plan consistent with the budget; coordinate, support and assist other training related programs as needed to include department specific training, compliance training, onboarding, offboarding, ELEVATE training, safety training, PT Staff training, trade specific training, etc.; document and evaluate all training across the organization. Other generalist human resources projects and duties may also be assigned in addition to various other duties as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify and analyze training and development needs for staff at all levels (support, professional, management and executive). Focus on full time but some part time training opportunities (including for interns) may also be prioritized.
- Identify and catalogue compliance training that is taking place and determine what compliance training should be added. Continue to update this based on the changing legal landscape and by benchmarking best practices.
- Develop a plan to address training and development needs throughout the company including details regarding curriculum, implementation, cost and if an outside consultant or company would need to be engaged; use creativity and innovation to address unique industry challenges.
- Assist the HR SVP with the first year of the PSE U program and work with all stakeholders to assess and improve that program moving forward.
- Meet with internal stakeholders to determine and catalogue current training taking place, identify potential training gaps and opportunities, and create processes to deliver, track, improve, and evaluate training.
- Review individual professional/personal goals and assist employees in attaining their goals. When common training themes arise for professional and personal development, where appropriate, identify and implement training solutions to meet these needs.
- Develop a system that measures employee satisfaction and effectiveness after training is delivered to ensure we continue to improve and meet the needs of employees and the company.
- Assist HR department with onboarding employees to ensure employees are welcomed in a positive and memorable way, they receive all the information they need to contribute immediately and perform at a high level, are integrated into our culture and feel a part of a world class organization.
- Assist the HR department in the offboarding of employees. Learn from departing employees ways PSE could continue to improve and retain top talent.
- Manage third party consultants or companies engaged for training and development at PSE.
- Prioritize and develop an annual training calendar which can be updated and published quarterly.
- Help develop and implement a mentoring program for PS&E. Identify participants, provide training, benchmark best practices.
- Work with SVP to identify coaching resources to augment specific internal training and development plans when appropriate.
- Support performance management process and identify ways to improve performance as it relates to employee development and goal achievement. Assist with the management of the 360 reviews and other performance and development tools as needed.
- Work with SVP HR and President to determine next iteration of President’s Council, which is a major opportunity for cross functional development, project management and exposure to executives within PSE).
- Assist the HR Team with any and all HR Generalist responsibilities in order to step in when needed and deliver to employees top notch customer service.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some event work which occurs on evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Other Duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
4 year college degree, or equivalent, plus 3-5 years training and development experience. Additional related HR experience a plus. Experience delivering training, developing training programs and assessing those programs required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required; ability to communicate with employees at all levels and interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders effectively both in writing and verbally. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, Clients, Customers, and the general public.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as analyzing costs, figuring statistics, and interpreting governmental forms and developing and managing budgets.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions. Ability to adapt, adjust and problem solve continuously to achieve consistent positive outcomes.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQURIEMENTS:
Employee must be able to make independent decisions when giving directions and advice to management and employees. Employee must exercise discretion and independent judgment when receiving confidential payroll and personnel information. Employee must be aware of insurance and disability policies as well as other potential Human Resource laws and requirements. This position must be able to review data, understand details but also be able to strategize on the big picture level and implement the details effectively.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Speak in public
- Use telephone
- Use computer
- Speak, hear and write
- Attend in person meetings
- Collaborate on site with members of your team and other departments/employees throughout the company
Employee should have excellent computer skills including a very strong knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Windows, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, as well as other software related to developing and delivering presentations. Experience using Human Resources Software also a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times.