SUMMER SALES INTERN – INDIANA FEVER
This position is an excellent first step in your sports career. As a Summer Sales Intern with the Indiana Fever, you will gain valuable knowledge and skills relating to sports sales and business, as well as hands-on experience with a variety of projects.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Assist in the coordination of sales events, special projects, presentations, open houses, etc.
• Game Night Group Experiences (escorting on and off the court in game, working tables, helping season ticket holders, etc.)
• Organize and assist in mass marketing campaigns and collateral, including direct mail pieces
• Prospecting leads for Indiana Fever Ticket Sales Department
• Group ticket mailings and handling single-game tickets for premium clients
• Execution of Unused Ticket Exchange program
• Assist in customer service/phone relations
• Perform some clerical duties as assigned
• Must be able to work most, if not all, Fever games during the summer
• All other assignments as directed by the COO, Sr. Manager of Ticket Sales and Service, and Sales Consultants
• Open to COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY; Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate Students
• Must be seeking an internship for class credit as a prescribed part of curriculum
• Full-time AND part-time internships available
• Game nights and weekends may be required depending on the position; ability to work a flexible schedule preferred
• Must demonstrate professionalism, a positive attitude, enthusiasm, and a “can-do” approach
• Financial compensation is available, and housing and travel are the responsibility of the student
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
4. Use stairs
5. Use telephone
6. Use computer
7. Speak, hear and write
8. Lift up to 50 pounds
Employee should have a good working knowledge of and a high level of competency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Windows. Experience with Archtics (or related ticketing system) and Salesforce is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate to high.
2. The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
3. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
Excellent communication and customer service skills required including dealing with both internal and external constituents and stakeholders at all levels. Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule that includes working games and events on evenings and weekends. Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and plan and execute events and meetings also required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.