The Indiana Fever franchise is known for success on and off the court and we’re looking for the next sales superstar to help us take it to the next level. If you are looking to build a career in ticket sales, this is the perfect position to learn the business, perfect your skills and grow within a world-class organization.
This position is responsible for selling Fever Season Ticket Memberships as well as group tickets to individual games for the Indiana Fever, and on occasion, other events in Bankers Life Fieldhouse to businesses, organizations and the general public. In addition, this position is responsible for managing the service relationship with assigned Fever Season Ticket Member accounts. This position will successfully utilize outstanding communication and time management skills to maximize results in all three major category focuses of this job; selling new packages, selling group tickets and servicing an account base.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Selling Fever Season Ticket Memberships:
- Produce Full, Half, and Mini plan revenue for the team. Make outbound warm calls to past Single Game Buyers to move the prospect up the sales escalator into purchasing ticket packages. Build and maintain a pipeline for package buyers through a variety of networking and cultivation activities. Meet with clients and prospective clients and host face-to-face appointments to close sales and strengthen relationships with customers and prospective customers. Work prospect events and attend networking events to develop and strengthen the pipeline of potential clients and to generate sales and enhance and advance the Fever brand.
Selling Group Ticket Sales:
· This position will be responsible for producing new group sales revenue. Group ticket sales include selling group tickets and executing Fan Experience Packages or traditional group outings for these groups. Communication and outreach to maximize group size, group satisfaction and group renewal are top goals. In addition, attention to detail and organization skills required for group event planning and successful execution of events a must. This includes but is not limited to outstanding customer service leading up to and during the group event to ensure the group has a top notch experience so they will return/renew.
Servicing Fever Season Ticket Members Accounts:
- This position will focus on servicing clients in game and out of season. A primary role of this position will be to manage an account base of Fever Season Ticket Members. This position must provide outstanding customer service for our guests attending WNBA basketball games. By successfully managing season ticket account relationships, this position will be required to increase their Fever Season Ticket Membership base annually through customer retention, referrals, and high satisfaction levels. This position should also engage Season Ticket Members by educating them on MVP Perks and opportunities to support the Membership model. This position must attend all Fever games and events related to the Fever as well as those events (on and off premises) that further advance the relationship with these account holders.
1. Prospect or cold call for Season Tickets leads:
- Investigative appointments—gathering information about the prospective company.
- Discussions with key decision-makers—learning their needs.
- Effective presentations—satisfying their needs through various combinations of hospitality including suites, season tickets, partial plans, employee group nights, etc.
- Managing obstacles—overcoming problems or objections.
- Accurate closing—executing contract, billing, and collecting revenue.
2. Follow-up—implementing all aspects of the client relationship to ensure the following:
o Follow-up on all deadlines, making sure all materials are on time.
o Ensure proper delivery of all hospitality programs.
o Coordinate details of group nights.
o Attend client meetings to educate their support staffs on programs.
o Submit timely reports to management.
3. Sell group packages to individual games to area groups (schools, churches, youth groups, etc.).
o Effectively plan and successfully execute the details of the group sale to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
4. Perform game day responsibilities, including:
- Service Fever Season Ticket Members as needed – greet them, visit them and their guests during the game or event, determine needs/wants/satisfaction levels, take action to fix problems or enhance customer satisfaction.
- Work in conjunction with the Box office staff – authorize and solve issues relates to client satisfaction as it relates to the box office including but not limited to: will call issues; trouble tickets; upgrades; additional ticket requests; special accommodations; etc.
- Setup and staff the sales area during games (Ticket Central)
- Execute Group Sales responsibilities as assigned on main floor, entry pavilion, or other.
- Visit clients in seats
- Assist guests on main concourse as needed
5. Other duties as assigned.
We are working to develop the best ticket sales department in all of sports. Therefore, we will be very selective in who we add to our team. We’re looking for candidates who are competitive, coachable, detail oriented, and who have the desire to climb to the top of the industry.
This is a 40-hour-a-week position that runs from early March through the end of the season with promotion potential based on performance. Compensation includes an hourly wage plus commission.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and direct sales experience including selling directly to public/consumers is preferred. Outstanding time management skills required.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
4. Use stairs
5. Use telephone
6. Use computer
7. Speak, hear and write
8. Lift up to 50 pounds
Employee should have a good working knowledge of and a high level of competency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Windows. Experience with Archtics (or related ticketing system) and Salesforce preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate to high.
2. The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
3. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
Excellent communication and customer service skills required including dealing with both internal and external constituents and stakeholders at all levels. Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule that includes working games and events on evenings and weekends. Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and plan and execute events and meetings also required.