Performance Analytics Internship - Summer with Indiana Pacers in Indianapolis · IN
Indiana Pacers jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
This is a for-credit paid internship. Only those applicants who are able to receive college credit will be considered.
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: Mid-May – August 2020 (Approximately 14 weeks)
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-time (Average 30+ hours per week)
COMPENSATION: $10.00 per hour
The Performance Analytics Intern will work directly with the Director of Sports Performance to assist with the application of sports science in the fields of medical care, strength and conditioning, performance, and player development. The overall focus will be on collecting and analyzing biometric and performance data to maintain and improve load monitoring and readiness strategies. The overall focus will be on helping develop internal software tools and maintaining current analytics infrastructure. Experience in the sports industry is not required, but applicants must be passionate about basketball.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with data collection, maintenance, preparation and analysis.
- Gather, clean, store, manage, and integrate data from a variety of sources.
- Manage fitness testing, player health, injury and musculoskeletal screening data storage and analysis.
- Manage the performance tracking data collected from the player tracking systems during practice and NBA games.
- Analyze and produce clear and compelling reports for dissemination to performance staff, coaches, and player development staff.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses on long-term data for trends on player progress and physical performance.
- Maintain and extend our existing performance analytics infrastructure.
- Collaborate on team projects and work autonomously on individual work.
- Communicate data analysis to the Director of Sports Performance for daily/weekly planning.
- Keep up to date with current analytical and data visualization technologies and techniques.
- Demonstrated skills with data management and analytics software (Microsoft Excel and R or Python required).
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques (eg, regression/modeling, machine learning, clustering, hypothesis testing, categorical data analysis), commonly used statistics packages, data visualization, data collection methods, and familiarity with GPS/accelerometry analysis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills who can critically listen and work with
- Highly motivated, autonomous, and dependable individuals are welcome to apply.
- Experience with data visualization and reporting.
- Experience working with load monitoring data in a team-sports setting (eg, Catapult, Kinexon, Zephyr, Polar, etc.).
- Experience with performance tracking technology (eg, VBT, force plates, 3D motion capture, etc.).
- Background in biomechanics, exercise science, kinesiology, or exercise physiology is a plus.
- Interest in basketball and familiarity with basketball terminology is a plus.
Applicants attending the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference may be asked to interview during the conference.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.
How did you hear about this job?
YES/NO Can you receive college credit in exchange for this opportunity?
YES/NO Are you willing to relocate to Indianapolis during the duration of the internship?
YES/NO Will you be attending the 2020 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference?
Do you have experience working with large data sets (please describe)?
How will this internship help you develop your career?