The IT Event Manager role is an entry level position that is responsible for the setup and operation of technology leveraged during a hosted event here at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The core responsibilities include setup and tear down of the PSE IT supported technology before and after the events, as well as technical support during games and events. This individual will work courtside during games to monitor technology and resolve issues if needed. The right individual will help to document the standard processes leveraged during event setup as well as create troubleshooting guides for situations that arise during the events.
In addition to event support this role will support Pacers Sports & Entertainment in a general technical capacity. This role will be hands on desktop support as well as other technical duties as the individual’s skills and needs of the business allow. This is a growth role.
This individual must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, weekends and holidays. Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Set up technology, including computers, printers, NBA Stats gear and specialty equipment
2. Troubleshoot and mitigate technology issues as they arise in a quick and efficient manner
3. This role will work with internal and external resources as well as other event and support staff to ensure event is successful and that PSE stays current with the technology required to successfully operate world-class events at all times.
4. Create and maintain event setup and teardown documentation
5. Create and maintain troubleshooting guides for common event issues
6. Provide hands-on technical support for PSE employees and potentially other stakeholders
7. In addition, the role will work with PSE Event Management, Media Relations and the rest of the IT team to ensure our events are fully supported.
8. As a front line highly visible employee at events this position will require an individual who is highly customer service focused and able to model values of ELEVATE program based on Disney Management principals.
9. Learn and grow as a technologist; always look for ways to acquire and apply new knowledge to improve processes or efficiencies.
10. Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is an Information Technology role and to that end, this role must have general technical skills. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor degree in technology and/or equivalent industry experience. In addition, this position requires:
· proven ability to work within a team as well as individually
· demonstrable excellent written and verbal communication skills
· a passion for technology and ability to learn new technology quickly
· ability to work a flexible schedule and events some evenings, weekends and holidays
· ability to work effectively under pressure and under tight timelines or deadlines
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructions, reports and technical manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers; must be customer-service oriented. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as making change, analyzing costs, figuring statistics, and making area measurements.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
4. Reach to install computers and peripherals around desks and in other tight spaces.
5. Lift and install equipment (computers and peripherals)
6. Use computer
7. Use telephone
8. Speak, hear and write
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
2. The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
3. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.