Fever Media Relations Internship with Pacers Sports & Entertainment in Indianapolis · IN
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Indiana Fever Media Relations – Intern Duties
TERM: 30-40 hours per week from mid-May through mid-September (end of season)
- plus be available for two days apiece for media day and preseason home game, before spring semester concludes;
- availability during WNBA playoffs in September to be determined
- Create Microsoft Word and PDF files of all Fever and prominent WNBA newspaper clippings from Google alerts, Indianapolis Star, USA Today and other local, regional or national publications
- Date, file and maintain all Fever clippings archives
- Update Fever individual clip files
- Create PDF files of all box scores from games around the WNBA
- Provide printed copies of all WNBA box scores to GM and Fever coaching staff
- Provide printed copies of updated Fever and opponents’ statistics to GM and Fever coaching staff
- Maintain daily chronicle and organization of all Fever news and activities on FeverBasketball.com
Weekly and As Needed:
- Prepare a weekly Q&A article for the Fever website (selected player interview)
- Prepare periodic feature stories for Fever website
- Assist PR Director with coordination post-practice interviews and interview setup-oversight for pre-arranged interviews
- Game-to-game maintenance of statistical files, with occasional research for game notes and player/team publicity
Day before the game:
- Create postgame guest passes
- Pickup Game Notes and media credentials from Ryan Stevens
- Prepare media packets for distribution to broadcasters’ hotel
- Tickets, credentials, extra envelopes and postgame guest passes for visiting team
Day of game:
- Create seat cards
- Place seat cards at media positions
- Prepare press table in the media room
- Deliver opponents’ postgame fax & email list to stats
- Distribute attendance, injury reports as needed
- Prior to start of the game, put sheet with probable starters and tonight’s officials at all media seats
- Assist with compilation of game notes and media oversight during games
- Assist with Fever postgame media interviews, game notes, quotes
- Following game, update game file with three copies of final box score, notes and quotes
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- At a minimum, each candidate should possess the following skills, experience and background:
- Currently enrolled as either a junior or senior at a 4-year college/university
- Able to receive college credit for internship
- Interest in travel, tourism, and hospitality industry
- Able to maintain flexibility, openness, and positive attitude when balancing multiple projects, assignments, and tasks and shifting priorities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Move heavy objects
- Use 10 key calculator
- Use telephone
- Use computer
- Work very long and unusual hours
- Be exposed to loud noises
- Employee should have knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Windows, and Microsoft Word.
- Hours would include all home games
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
This position is a paid internship requiring students to receive college credit. The internship takes place in Indianapolis, Indiana and any relocation/moving expenses are the responsibility of the intern.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to receive academic credit in exchange for this internship?
What year are you in school?