Director of Youth Basketball & Engagement with Pacers Sports & Entertainment in Indianapolis, IN
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis, IN
Marketing: Fan Development
The Director of Youth Basketball and Engagement will focus primarily on developing a strategy surrounding youth outreach through basketball activities - camps, clinics and tournaments leveraged by Pacers Sports & Entertainment to support the overall business. The core responsibilities of this position include building brand awareness in conjunction with the Jr. Pacers & Jr. Fever, growing our CRM database, and generating ancillary revenue. While this role will focus on youth engagement through a marketing perspective, it will also be a company-wide resource to drive and champion youth strategy and fan development.
- Create a strategic plan for youth engagement, inclusive of youth basketball and all other programs that directly connect youth throughout Indiana.
- Identify youth influencers and provide insight into current youth culture trends and behaviors to help develop and execute a youth engagement and content strategy in coordination with Social/Digital and Brand Marketing teams.
- Coordinate data capture strategies across all youth programs and activities, as well as identify and execute additional engagement opportunities to grow the fan base.
- Work across the sales and marketing team to build strategies to drive new revenue opportunities via ticket sales, events, sponsorships, social, and other engaging youth and family focused platforms.
- Identify, recruit and manage a growing network of youth basketball affiliate organizations to provide a foundation for expanded programs, membership and audience growth.
- Partner with Community Relations staff to establish and maintain relationships with community development organizations and basketball programs focused on youth outreach and participation.
- Cultivate and manage partnerships related to youth basketball participation including IHSAA, Pacers Athletic Center, and other key stakeholders including as primary liaison to the NBA for Jr. Pacers and Jr. Fever programs.
- Grow participation of youth basketball programs including Jr. Pacers and Jr. Fever platforms and associated activities: camps, clinics, tournaments, skills challenges, and player development programming.
- Develop new programming with key marketing and community partners designed to support and improve the youth basketball experience for kids, coaches, and parents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Excellent communication skills with both PS&E employees and external staff.
- Basic CRM software understanding.
- Demonstrate the ability conceive/create new ideas about innovated sports marketing working relationships.
- Strategy planning and project management skills.
- Proficient written and verbal skills, as well as ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a strong basketball background to include either playing at the collegiate level or coaching at the high school or collegiate level.
- Demonstrate excellent basketball knowledge, including but not limited to skill specific camps and clinic sessions.
- Camp and clinic sessions should be delivered with a sound fundamental skill basis while having the ability to progress students into deeper skill development training.
- Have the ability to develop and supervise basketball coaching, instructor and officiating staff.
- Possess a passion for mentoring and managing program participants.
- Provide hands-on support for participants, employees, and potentially other stakeholders.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
At a minimum, each candidate should possess the following skills, experience and background:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in Sports Marketing developing and leveraging key relationships, demonstrating the ability conceive/create new ideas about innovated sports marketing working relationships.
- Demonstrated Interest & Passion for
- Youth Development
- Relationship Building
- Sports & Entertainment
- Able to maintain flexibility, openness, and positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What is your basketball background?
Have you ever led or managed/coached a basketball clinic?
What is your experience with youth development/engagement?
Have you led or been involved with a strategic initiative that grew revenue and engagement?