Director of Consumer Sales - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Indianapolis · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Consumer Product Sales
The Game Plan
The Director of Consumer Sales is a key leadership position on the Pacers ticket sales team that will recruit, hire, train, and manage a team of first year ticket sales representatives selling Pacers full, half, and mini plans through outbound campaigns and inbound leads.
Be a Part of the Gainbridge Fieldhouse of the Future
Gainbridge Fieldhouse hosts 550 events per year with over 1.7M visitors. We are currently in the midst of a $360M renovation to make what is regarded as one of the best basketball arenas in the world even better! The renovations are scheduled to be completed in the summer of 2022 and feature new clubs, suites, hospitality, and group areas, along with upgrades to seats, concourses, and experience. We are excited to unveil the Future to our fans!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Champion Pacers Sports & Entertainment philosophies
- Establish an inclusive and motivating sales culture that is in line with the rest of the overall department and company
- Recruit and hire top, first year sales talent that serves as a pipeline for group, corporate and service teams
- Accelerate the growth of individual sales representatives through year round training and mentoring to improve individual production
- Implement consumer sales campaigns to generate ticket revenue through inbound and outbound activity
- Produce timely and accurate reporting that communicates the progress of the sales team individually and collectively
- Develop and maintain sales incentive programs and contests
- Grow revenue through a variety of approaches including but not limited to face-to-face appointments and comprehensive call, video, and email campaigns while analyzing the return on investment for these approaches
- Plan and lead sales events during the off season and at specified Indiana Pacer home games
- Responsible for assisting the Associate Vice President, Ticket Sales with the annual budget and reaching set budget revenue and expense targets
- May be required to represent PS&E at external or internal functions to increase the company’s exposure and improve sales opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of ticket sales experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of ticket sales training experience preferred
- Effective leadership abilities with a successful history of leading others
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through
- Tenacious sales talent with a proven history of sales success
- Excellent communication skills with all levels and must be effective at presenting
- Possess a willingness to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holiday
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
Problem Solving Requirements
Employee must take care of various internal and external constituents to solve problems and deliver projects on time with accuracy, integrity and with outstanding customer service.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to optimally perform the functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the game environment in the Fieldhouse is loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants for full-time employment at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Exemptions will be considered for applicants who receive a conditional offer and who are unable to get the vaccine due to medical or religious reasons.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have 3 - 5 years of ticket sales experience?
Do you have 1 year of experience conducting ticket sales training?