Corporate Ticket Sales Manager - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Indianapolis · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
DO YOU WANT TO CLIMB THE MOUNTAIN?
In any industry, you’ll find professionals who are content with "camping out" at a certain level of development. You’ll also find a rare breed that are never content and look to continually learn and grow. At the Pacers, we pride ourselves on seeking out those “climbers” to be a part of our team. We want people who want to be the best and are never satisfied with simply maintaining the status quo. Come take that next step in your career with us today!
BE A PART OF THE FIELDHOUSE OF THE FUTURE
Bankers Life Fieldhouse is in the midst of a $360M renovation to make what is regarded as one of the best – if not THE best - basketball arena in the world even better. This place hosts 550 events per year with over 1.7M visitors, and you'll be selling it all! The Fieldhouse of the future is scheduled to be completed in the summer of 2022. It features new clubs, suites, theater, and loge boxes, along with upgrades to seats, concourses, and the game experience. This is an incredible opportunity to expand your career selling an iconic venue to a market that considers basketball to be Indiana’s game.
TRAIN LIKE A CHAMPION
The Pacers believe in constant improvement. We believe in training, training, and more training. Our leadership team will be working with you every step of the way to ensure you become a champion. Our team will provide coaching based on their combined 40+ years of sports sales and management experience. They’ll be on the ground with you on sales calls, meetings, and provide dedicated individual/team training sessions consisting of some of the best sales training in the business. Additionally, you’ll have support from an accomplished senior leadership team including a Sports Business Journal Forty Under 40 Award Winner, and an executive that is an architect of the longest sellout streak in professional sports history.
THE GAME PLAN
As a Corporate Ticket Sales Manager, you will be making cold calls, meeting with C-Level executives, networking with other professionals, and attending events with qualified Pacers prospects to drive in ticket revenue from local businesses. You will work various community and in-arena events along with all 41+ home games.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate revenue from new corporate prospects and incremental revenue from current clients.
- Sell season ticket packages, nightly suite rentals, group outings, and assist in the facilitation of premium leases.
- Set appointments through various sales communication channels.
- Network with business professionals to grow an extensive referral source base.
- Conduct sales presentations to C-level executives within your geographic territory.
- Provide exemplary customer service with clients.
- Learn and deliver sales presentations and playbooks.
- Daily data entry and reporting for sales tracking.
- Participate in all ticket sales-related events.
- Host prospects and generate new prospective clients at each home game (40+).
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate must have a strong work ethic and a burning desire to build a career in professional sports.
- Proven record of achieving sales goals and going above and beyond the call of duty.
- Proficient in basic software programs.
- Creative and enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Available to work home games and special events.
- Possess a willingness to work long hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and direct selling/ticket sales experience is preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively (oral & written) with all types of clients, co-workers, and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively under pressure and when working under a deadline.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as analyzing costs, making change, and figuring statistics.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
When dealing with prospects and clients, employees must show discretion when making recommendations regarding packages and event details for any Pacers game, event or meeting space.
- Travel Requirements: This role does not require travel outside of the Indianapolis community.
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment: The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend Pacers games and special events as assignements
- Competitive Pay & Commission Structure
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401k Enrollment Plan
- Flexible Spending Dependent Care Account
- Paid Time Off
- Free Parking
- Opportunity to elect season tickets for the Indiana Pacers and the Indiana Fever
- Opportunity to sign-up to purchase tickets to other events held at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- Free visiting Nurses/Wellness Program for employee and spouse
- Free fresh fruit and healthy snacks in HR
- Free access to Live Health Online (telemedicine)
- Free access to Health Care Bluebook, a tool to help manage out of pocket medical costs
- Free Short-Term Disability
- Financial literacy programs, including free access to an on-site, financial advisor
- Free on-site flu shots
- Corporate Partnership & NBA Discounts
- Opportunity to participate in community outreach programs
- Aflac Benefit Plans
- Pre-paid Legal Services & Identity Theft Shield
- Pacers Bikeshare Program discount
- Pet Insurance
- 7 paid holidays: New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Team Store discount
- Free pre-game meals for full time employees with game duties
- Discretionary Bonus Days
- Wellness Days
- Parental Leave
The above-noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How did you hear about this job?