This position is responsible for managing and executing all activities associated with sponsorship contract fulfillment for assigned accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain and be accountable for an account list of 30-40 contracted Pacers sponsors with investments totaling more than $3 million in revenue.
- Maintain and be accountable for an account list of 20-25 contracted Fever sponsors with investments totaling more than $350,000 in revenue.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with sponsor’s key decision makers to ensure complete satisfaction and contract renewal.
- Act as a marketing and advertising consultant to radio, web site and print sponsor contact(s) to ensure effective campaigns are created and executed via Pacers and Fever media inventory.
- Liaison with internal Broadcasting and Internet Marketing departments and sponsor contact(s) to ensure spots and content are produced and posted in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaison with internal Creative Services department and sponsor contact(s) to ensure print ads are created and submitted in accordance with Pacers and NBA style guidelines.
- Work with sponsor contact(s) to create and maintain Bankers Life Fieldhouse signage that meets established style guidelines by enlisting the services of cost-effective vendors
- Work with internal Promotions Mangers to develop, plan, promote and execute effective external cross promotions aligning the marketing goals of sponsors with those of PS&E, while adhering to NBA guidelines and local legal statues.
- Work with internal Game Operations Manager to secure and prioritize game dates for sponsors’ in-arena promotions such as on-courts, LED, videos, pre-game and halftime entertainment/presentations and honorary scorers.
- Work closely with and communicate/collaberate effectively with Sales Directors and other team members regarding client accounts to deliver outstanding customer service and exceed expectations.
- Be fiscally responsible and ensure sponsors’ co-branded premium items are within established budget.
- Organize and execute sponsor’s special hospitality events (both at Bankers Life Fieldhouse and at sponsor locations) involving various PS&E departments, including current and alumni players and PS&E senior executives, while adhering to budget guidelines.
- Play an essential role in maintaining collateral, articles, photographs, newspaper clippings, press releases, statistics, etc. for use in preparing and presenting inclusive sponsor recaps to key decision makers during the contract renewal process.
- Assist Services Director and Sales Directors when needed.
- Work Pacers and Fever game nights and other PS&E functions as assigned to execute and monitor sponsor promotions and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, two years experience and a valid driver’s license.
Ability to read and write error-free correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to sponsors and internal representatives, and respond to questions from managers, clients and the general public.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as basic math concepts and analyzing costs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish, draw valid conclusions and make decisions. Ability to interpret directions and information. Must be able to determine what is reasonable and acceptable based upon individual client needs. Must be able to work independently and in a team setting of internal and external representatives.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described there are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Use computer
- Use telephone
- Speak, hear and write
- COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Employee should have a strong knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Office and have the ability to learn new computer programs
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually moderate to loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes events on evenings, weekends and holidays.