BUSINESS RESEARCH & ANALYTICS INTERNSHIP
Pacers Sports & Entertainment seeks a Research & analytics paid Intern for our 2018 Summer internship program. The Research & Analytics Intern will gain exposure to all aspects of team business operations by assisting with reporting and analysis projects related to Ticket Sales, Sponsorships, Marketing, and Facility Operations
The Principal Responsibilities Will Be as Follows:
· Perform analysis of a specific business issue to help drive future strategy
· Assist in crafting research & analytics reports for senior leadership
· Assist with research and analytics projects as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Excellent attitude
2. Willing and able to work a flexible schedule
3. Ability to work on projects independently and to maintain confidential information
4. Excellent written and verbal skills, as well as ability to multi-task and prioritize
5. Maintain a professional image at all times
6. Excellent communication skills with both internal and external staff
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
At a minimum, each candidate should possess the following skills, experience and background:
· Currently enrolled as either a junior or senior at a 4-year college/university
· Experience with statistical modeling
· Experience with Salesforce CRM, Tableau, Ticketmaster, and Archtics a plus
· Demonstrated interest in market research, business analytics, and the Sports & Entertainment industries
· Able to maintain flexibility, openness, and positive attitude when balancing multiple projects, assignments, and tasks and shifting priorities
Ability to communicate and effectively present information and recommendations to internal stakeholders and to senior leadership.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
5. Use 10 key calculator
6. Use telephone
7. Use computer
8. Work very long and unusual hours
9. Be exposed to loud noises
Employee should have knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Windows, and Microsoft Word.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
2. The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
3. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
Approximately 20-40 hours per week.
Fall: Early September – December
Spring: Early January – Early May
Summer: Late May – Early August
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This position is a paid internship requiring students to receive college credit. The internship takes place in Indianapolis, Indiana and any relocation/moving expenses are the responsibility of the intern. First round interviews will be conducted via phone so please provide an accurate phone number on your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.