Basketball Analytics Internship - Summer with Indiana Pacers in Indianapolis · IN
Indiana Pacers jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
This is a for-credit paid internship. Only those applicants who are able to receive college credit will be considered.
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: Mid-May – August 2020 (Approximately 14 weeks)
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-time (Average 30+ hours per week)
COMPENSATION: $10.00 per hour
The Basketball Analytics Intern will work directly with the Indiana Pacers analytics team in support of the front office, training staff, and coaching staff. The overall focus will be on helping develop internal software tools and maintaining current analytics infrastructure. Experience in the sports industry is not required, but applicants must be passionate about basketball.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather, clean, store, manage, and integrate data from a variety of sources
- Create both standardized reports and ad-hoc analyses
- Maintain and extend our existing analytics infrastructure
- Develop internal software tools for use by the front office and coaching staff
- Innovate across all aspects of basketball operations
- Collaborate on team projects and work autonomously on individual work
- Communicate results to the basketball operations staff through presentations, written reports, and tools
- Assist with compiling statistics/data for Draft prospects
- Demonstrated programming experience.
- Experience working with R or RStudio and/or Python
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques (eg, regression/modeling, clustering, hypothesis testing, categorical data analysis), commonly used statistics packages, data visualization, data collection methods, and familiarity with basketball analytics.
- Highly motivated and dependable individuals are welcome to apply.
- Experience with large data sets
- Data programming proficiency
- Interest in basketball and familiarity with basketball terminology is a plus.
Applicants attending the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference may be asked to interview during the conference.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.
How did you hear about this job?
YES/NO Can you receive college credit in exchange for this opportunity?
YES/NO Are you willing to relocate to Indianapolis during the duration of the internship?
YES/NO Will you be attending the 2020 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference?
Do you have experience working with large data sets (please describe)?
How will this internship help you develop your career?