Indiana Fever Community Relations Intern - 2020 Season with Pacers Sports & Entertainment in Indianapolis · IN
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
To assist with the day-to-day operation of Fever Community Relations in the office, game day responsibilities and community events.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate, execute and track entire Community Ticket Block program
- Assist with the planning and execution of community events and player appearances throughout the Fever season
- Maintenance of inventory of items including archives and autographed items
- Responding to donation requests and fan mail requests
- Game day responsibilities with community groups and pre and post game events
- Assist with the writing of event stories and tracking website/media coverage
- Assist with Fever Cares Social Media
- Assist with other departments when needed such as Pacers Fan Van
· Research of “hot” community issues and of organizations that fit into league initiatives
· Research ways we can extend our existing partnerships/improve community involvement
· Assist with player relations responsibilities
- College student with study emphasis in Marketing, Sports Administration, Public Relations or a related field. Student must receive college credit for the internship.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer literacy with experience in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) is required.
· Must be organized, detail-oriented and demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner. Must take responsibility seriously and be independently motivated.
- Must be flexible, able to accept direction and constructive criticism, as necessary, and have the ability to work efficiently on multiple projects.
- Previous "hands-on" experience in a similar environment is helpful, but not necessary for the right candidate
- Must be able to work beyond normal office hours, game nights and weekends assisting the season’s game operations and community events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Will you receive college credit for this internship?
Are you okay with a flexible work schedule (working nights and weekends as needed) and flexible work environment?
What classes have you taken that will help you in this internship?
What types of volunteer work have you been involved in?
What interests you most about this internship?