The Ticket Sales Associate is responsible for maximizing revenue by selling a full assortment of Lakeland Magic ticket products including, but not limited to full and partial plan season ticket packages, premium seating, and group sales. The Ticket Sales associate will also manage and renew each of their season tickets accounts.
- Reports To: Ticket Sales Manager
- Indirectly Reports To:Vice President of Sales
- Game night responsibilities: Yes
- Approximate number of games worked per season: 21-40
- Event night responsibilities: Yes
- Approximate number of events worked per season: 21-40
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively prospect, present, and close various ticket products including, but not limited to full and partial plan season ticket packages, premium seating, and group sales.
- Sell full seasons tickets, partial plans, group tickets, and hospitality for the Lakeland Magic and designated non-Magic events primarily via:
- Face to face, external client meetings
- Lakeland Magic home games
- Networking at outside events
- Some phone prospecting
- Seeking and implementing sales and service best practices
- Thorough data capture and personal database management
- Participate in face to face, external client meetings regularly (50% of schedule workweek) or more) with the purpose of generating revenue through the full menu of Lakeland Magic ticket products.
- Create and develop new business by regularly pitching new prospects through in-arena tours, external appointments, phone prospecting and events.
- Effectively follow up with customers and prospective customers in order to build relationships to help provide repeat business.
- Meet and/or exceed weekly/monthly sales and activity goals.
- Maintain detailed records in CRM to support sales efforts as defined by the organization.
- Active role in the game day experience to develop relationships and generate new leads.
- Work majority of home games and sales events to develop and maintain relationships with clients and generate new leads.
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork and work synergistically to achieve department and organization goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Makes decisions guided by precedent and based on company policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree or professional equivalent experience required.
- Prior experience in ticket sales, telemarketing, appointment scheduling or cold-calling techniques is preferred.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills required.
- Experience with ticket inventory software programs (I.E. Tickets.com, Archtics, CRM, SAS) preferred.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.