Video Photographer and Graphics Editor with Oklahoma City Thunder in Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City Thunder jobs
Sports Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
Communications/Community Relations: Broadcasting
The Oklahoma City Thunder, founded in 2008, has developed into an NBA franchise with strong fan, corporate and community support. We are proud to be a part of a regional cultural renaissance and strive to focus on meaningful community leadership as an organization and as individual members of our community. By joining our team, you will be part of a first-class organization that values integrity, mutual respect, the power of team collaboration and your individual talent.
Honored as an Emmy Award recipient, we are committed to delivering a high-quality product to our fans as we tell the story of our brand. By joining us as Video Photographer and Graphics Editor, you will work with a team of creative professionals, collaborating to build a polished product. Part of your responsibilities will be shoots and edits for a wide variety of assigned events including, but not limited to, practices, community events, and in-arena game footage. We are looking for someone who is both a video journalist and a graphic designer, with the communication and writing skills needed to combine elements to tell a story.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate team-owned camera equipment at special events and works on delivering content across all Thunder media platforms. TV/Radio, in-arena, website and social media
- Work as a “one-person band” reporting, writing and editing features
- Shoot home-game morning practices, community relations events, conversation sit downs with players, and features for several social media platforms
- Edit 4-5 features each week, sequences for in-game use and for FOX Sports Oklahoma usage and video requests from other departments
- Create static graphics and animations used in various features for all digital platforms
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience shooting live, live-to-tape, or taped programming
- Resume reel of previous work experience required
- Strong non-linear AVID editing skills and knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Well-versed in photography styles and techniques while being an expert editor
- Comprehensive knowledge of NBA Basketball
- Ability to successfully plan and field-produce shoots
- Possess solid writing skills and creative storytelling talent
- Excellent oral communication skills and proven to work well in a team environment
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure, understanding the impact of timing on the needs of others
- Strong attention to detail and ability to use good judgment in the decision-making process
- Capacity to work through problems in an efficient and courteous manner
- Physical requirements of the job may include lifting 50 pounds, working outdoor events in adverse weather conditions, or working games in an environment with high noise levels
- Driver’s license and insurance required along with reliable transportation, with some local travel required
- Willing to work a schedule that will include office hours as well as evenings, weekends and holidays
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director, Broadcast Production. Posted May 2019.
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD, 401(k) with match, employee tickets, subsidized gym membership, on-site yoga, paid downtown parking and more.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.
How did you hear about this job?