Software Engineer Intern / Data Science & Solutions with Oklahoma City Thunder in Oklahoma City · OK
Oklahoma City Thunder jobs
Sports Jobs in Oklahoma City · OK
SPRING / SUMMER / FALL 2020
The Oklahoma City Thunder is an elite performance organization and a leading franchise in the NBA. Beyond any single game, season, or outcome, we’re driven to shape the future of our industry, our community and our own legacy in sports. So we’re looking for people who want to make an impact–individuals with the courage and ambition to think and work differently and an endless desire to push for progress. At the Thunder, you’re joining a culture that performs at the highest level and empowers you to realize your greatest potential.
As a Software Engineer Intern in Data Science & Solutions, your work is critical to uncovering valuable insights that help shape the organization’s future — influencing strategic planning, decision-making, and performance to create the optimal conditions for talent to thrive.
You will work with colleagues, external suppliers, and internal and external data sources to develop tools and analyze data to support basketball analytics, player evaluation, and physical research, areas crucial to the performance of the team.
- Manage, implement, and maintain data systems and applications related to team and player performance, medical and physical performance, player identification and evaluation, and planning strategies
- Develop impactful tools, systems, and ongoing deliverables
- Collaborate with teammates on new research initiatives across various functions
- Carry out other administrative tasks consistent with the policies and procedures of the NBA and OKC Thunder
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a degree in computer science or related field
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Some experience in areas such as front-end and back-end development, database administration, and cloud services
- Some experience with development tools such as Python, Django, SQL, etc.
- Experience working with and protecting confidential information
- Strong communication skills — ability to deliver clear and effective messages to a variety of partners
- Must be able to work on short notice
* This is a paid internship reporting to the Director of Data Science & Solutions / Insight & Foresight.
FOR THOSE UP FOR THE CHALLENGE, LET’S TALK.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience, and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.
How did you hear about this job?