Manager, Partnership Activation with Oklahoma City Thunder in Oklahoma city, OK
Oklahoma City Thunder jobs
Sports Jobs in Oklahoma city, OK
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsor
Are you a creative problem-solver who can effectively communicate with people and have a dedication to client service? We are searching for the next Manager, Partnership Activation in our Corporate Partnerships department. In this role you will be responsible for handling and executing all activities associated with assigned partnership accounts, strengthening current partner relationships, building new partners, and providing support in the creation, development and execution of various sponsored initiatives, community relations programs and marketing events. You will also provide leadership to a team of full-time Activation Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a marketing and advertising consultant to sponsor contacts to ensure effective campaigns are crafted and executed via Thunder inventory
- Effectively comprehend, organize, and present syndicated research internally and externally for the benefit of partnership development and education
- Generate ideas for new sponsorship opportunities including, but not limited to, in-game elements, retail promotions, events, website and media features, signage, and community programs
- Successfully present information to sponsors and internal representatives and respond to questions from managers, clients and the general public
- Manage and provide leadership for Activation Managers on staff while maintaining a focus on the department’s strategic goals
- Be fiscally responsible, ensuring that promotional activations are within the established budget
- Produce creative solutions and problem-solve for clients, staff, and job duties
- Organize and execute sponsor’s special hospitality events (both at Chesapeake Energy Arena and at sponsor locations) involving various Thunder departments, while adhering to budget guidelines
- Play a meaningful role in maintaining collateral, photographs, press releases, videos and statistics for use in preparing and presenting inclusive sponsor recaps to key decision makers during the contract renewal process
- Serve as an asset to Corporate Partnerships sales team on day-to-day partnership proposals, implementation and maintenance
- Execute and monitor sponsor promotions and activities during Thunder game nights and other Thunder functions
- Manage and track all account history, relationship details and partnership activation details in CRM on a consistent basis
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising preferred, or equivalent relevant work or military experience
- 5 years of experience in sponsorship and/or client services preferred, preferably handling multi-million dollar client accounts
- 2 years of management experience preferred
- Experience in, or general knowledge of, sales strategies and client management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with Photoshop is a plus
- Ability to work with many different personality types
- Strong time management and administrative skills
- Self-motivated and can work independently or in a team environment
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation are required as some local travel will take place
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Willing to work a schedule that will include office hours as well as evenings, weekends and holidays
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director, Partnership Activation.
As a full-time employee you will enjoy a robust benefits package which will include excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, employee season tickets, 401(k) with matching funds, paid downtown parking, gym membership subsidy, on-site yoga and more.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.
How did you hear about this job?