Digital Content Reporter with Oklahoma City Thunder in Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City Thunder jobs
Sports Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
Communications/Community Relations: Internet Communications
Are you an expert writer with the energy to create while you think on your feet in a dynamic environment? At the Oklahoma City Thunder, we are proud to have strong fan, corporate and community support locally and globally. We are looking for a creative team member to help further build our connection with supporters by telling the Thunder's story through a variety of channels. If you are an influencer with premier creative writing skills and a passion for basketball, we'd love to meet you.
As the Digital Content Reporter, you will develop and execute unique story lines and video packages for Thunder digital content platforms (social media, okcthunder.com, Thunder Mobile App), broadcast projects and various publications including the Game Night Program, Thunder Magazine and the Thunder Cares Annual Report. This position includes potential extensive travel during the NBA season as well as off-season when appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cover the Thunder basketball team daily and in a beat-reporter’s role but with an organizational focus, working closely with the Basketball Communications staff
- Appear on camera during coverage of the team across Thunder digital platforms
- Assist with coverage of the Thunder development team
- Report and develop stories in the community and team events as assigned, for use across platforms such as web, social media, broadcast and publications
- Drive game-day coverage, beginning with shoot-around and including pre-game, mid-game and post-game reports
- Various other duties and projects as assigned, including blogging, photography and assisting other departments with content needs
- Attend and actively participate in weekly staff and interdepartmental meetings
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience working in an NBA environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work or military experience preferred
- Ability to write stories in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You have a working knowledge of NBA basketball
- Computer and photography savvy; experience with Photoshop, digital video editing and other digital technologies
- You can communicate content across multiple platforms: social, print, web, audio, video
- Strong verbal, written and communicative skills and collaboration
- Outgoing personality and confident in interacting with people of all demographics
- Maintain a schedule that includes office hours plus evenings, weekends and holidays
This is a full time, non-exempt position reporting to the Vice President, Broadcasting and Corporate Communications and the Director, Interactive Media & Publications.
As a full-time employee you will enjoy our generous benefits package including a robust medical/dental/vision plan, 401(k) with matching funds, season ticket options, gym membership subsidy, on-site yoga, tuition reimbursement and more.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.
How did you hear about this job?