*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Founded in 2008, the Thunder has established itself as an NBA franchise with strong fan, corporate and community support. We strive to focus on substantial community leadership as an organization and as individual members of our community.
We are seeking an established inclusion and diversity professional to join our executive team. Your expertise in inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging and your critical eye for business strategy will add to our already strong and inclusive culture. This is a new position in a department of one. As the vice president, you will be an inclusion role model and elevate our existing inclusion and diversity programs. By joining our leadership team, you will contribute to a first-class organization that values professionalism, diversity and mutual respect, as well as the talent you contribute.
In this role you will:
- Lead the Thunder’s Inclusion & Diversity Council
- Provide guidance on key local, national and global topics that fall under the oversight of the Council
- Provide recommendations for strategic activation plans, collaborating with marketing, events and other internal departments
- Communicate inclusion and diversity initiatives internally and externally
- Design and moderate employee conversations around inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging
- Create and deliver ongoing employee inclusion and diversity training programs, such as unconscious bias, inclusive recruiting, everyday inclusion, etc.
- Research and recommend additional training and development opportunities for employees in the areas of inclusion and diversity
- Curate employee learning resources such as podcasts, articles, books and talks
- Collaborate with the HR team to guide hiring managers through an inclusive recruiting process
- Partner with the HR team to further develop strategic recruiting and sourcing programs that strengthen our employer brand and attract diverse talent communities
- Participate in NBA working groups
- Focus on supplier diversity
- Act as an inclusion and diversity expert for corporate partners and community groups as requested
- Serve as a member of the Thunder Executive Team and Leadership Council ensuring optimization of organizational resources and supporting a synergetic and collaborative team environment
- Form and maintain connections within the community and represent the Thunder as an ambassador of our culture and values
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work or military experience required
- Minimum three years of experience in an I&D role
- Preferred additional applicable experience, such as in human resources, communications, social responsibility, etc.
- A firm understanding of I&D foundations, principles and standards
- Ability to collaborate successfully with other departments and organizations, using your strong communication and listening skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Time management skills that allow you to handle multiple tasks and projects while displaying calm under pressure of deadlines
- Self-motivated and driven, balanced with approachability as you work in a dynamic team environment
Employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered. Work schedule includes office hours plus evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Primary work location will be Paycom Center in downtown Oklahoma City. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Executive Vice President / Chief Administrative Officer.
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with matching funds, employee ticket options, subsidized gym membership, paid downtown parking and more!
We invite you to apply online: www.okcthunder.com/employment
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.