What you will do:
- Assist with implementation of social media strategies
- Assist with video editing and production to optimize native video reach on social platforms
- Create and execute engaging content for Storm social media platforms – including copy, photos, video, etc.
- Monitor fan feedback and conversation on channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and respond where appropriate
- Carry out a strategy to grow followers/likes and engagement on social media channels
- Assist in execution of social media events and promotion/contest fulfillment.
- Assist in optimizing social media channels by researching latest trends and best practices
- Attend weekly communications meetings and carry out communications strategy on social media channels
- Monitor and in some cases implement new technology, channels and platforms
- Use social media on game day and during games to engage fans
- Analyzing social media engagement metrics and report these numbers on a weekly basis along with recommendations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be available to work during the majority of the Storm games (home and away) during the 2018 season (May – August). Employee will work 20-25 hours a week, with most of schedule falling nights and weekends.
- Demonstrate a grace-under-fire personality that does not require constant direction, but is nonetheless eager for more responsibility
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude that looks for solutions to problems and is always willing to pitch in where needed.
- Experience with various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram,
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer service skills as well as presenting a professional presence
- Video/photo editing and graphic design skills a plus
- Passion for social media and women’s basketball
What you will learn:
- How social media fits in as part of a larger communications strategy
- How to use social media to support the goals of marketing, merchandise, sales, communications and other departments to ultimately drive revenue
- What works to engage sports fans through social media
- How the various parts of a professional sports organization work together and how social media and the communications team support them
- What to do when things “go wrong” on social media and how to handle challenges including negative fan reaction
- The role of “voice” in corporate communications
- What happens behind the scenes on game night
- How communications channels including email, news releases, website, mobile work together
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.