Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
Spurs Team Energy (20)
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
POSITION: Spurs Team Energy
REPORTS TO: Game Operations & Special Events Manager
Direct Reports: none
CAPSULE POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Team Energy members are the energetic and interactive team of the NBA’s San Antonio Spurs; they are responsible for the implementation of crowd activation, concourse entertainment, and acting as support staff to the Game Operations & Content Production departments. They must always display an energetic, enthusiastic, friendly, professional and outgoing attitude to Spurs fans at Spurs games and at community appearances.
Positions Available: 20
Team Energy pay: $7.25 per hour
Employment length: October 2012 – May/June 2013 (NBA Season)
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrated alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaboration with key internal/external resources and 3) Ongoing self development.
KRA'S (Key Responsibility Areas):
1. Interact/motivate/energize Spurs fans at all designated Spurs home games.
2. Assist in implementation of all on-court, in-crowd, and in-arena promotions.
3. Assist in keeping all Team Energy props organized, in good condition and stored appropriately after each game.
4. Assist in any additional duties assigned by Game Operations staff and team manager.
5. Entertain and energize the crowd using creativity, special talents, and gadgets/props.
6. Attend at all designated team meetings and training.
7. Attend all scheduled games unless prior arrangements have been made.
8. Be available for any appearances throughout the season. (if applicable)
9. If unable to make scheduled game, find an alternate in a timely manner.
The following measurement methods are intended to provide a sound basis for assessing the performance of the jobholder in this position. Although numerous methods are listed as suggested measurements the supervisor may elect to select only specific ones based on the need of the company at any point in time.
• Alignment with our company mission, vision and values
• Achievement of the Departments Strategic Goals
• Consistent game-to-game feedback from point of contact
• Internal / external customer service surveys and feedback
• Must be able to work beginning October 2012-May/June 2013
• Must have previous experience in but not limited to: dance, team interaction activities, cheerleading, martial arts, karate, tumbling, break dancing, mascot, and/or mascot assisting
• Must have experience interacting with parties/groups of 200+ people
• Must be at least 18 years of age by November 1, 2012
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must have an energetic attitude and flexible work schedule
• Self-starter, pro-active, highly motivated
• Has commitment to excellence
• Is outgoing and resourceful
• Able to work with all types of people
• Is flexible with schedule: willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays, if necessary.
• Able to work 20-25 games.
Please provide a current photo/headshot.
How did you hear about this job?
What is one performance moment you are most proud of?
Can you tell me a time in which you had to build motivation in your co-workers?
Will you be comfortable working in an environment where there will be various levels of noise, face paint, and prop work?
Please provide an example of your performance experience.
Are you more comfortable around large groups or do you prefer to be around smaller groups?