We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Learning & Development (L&D) Manager of Fan Experience will lead efforts to build and facilitate learning and development programs for our part-time event staff. The L&D Manager will oversee part-time training activities at the site during business and event hours (including evenings and weekends); facilitate compliance, leadership, and general training; provide on the job spot training in the form of coaching and giving feedback to staff during events; and develop and implement a plan focused on creating lasting programs that align with the organization’s strategic focus of providing exceptional fan experience. In addition, this role will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and departments as well as a diverse group of external specialists. This role will also work closely with the Organizational Development team in alignment with Spurs Sports & Entertainment’s Corporate University (SSEU).
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s Core Values, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing self-development.
- Develop curriculum for part-time event staff
- Facilitate learning and development training for part-time event staff and leadership
- Set direction and manages the instructional design processes
- Provide on the spot coaching for event staff
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training
- Assist in developing and carrying out the organization’s strategic focus of providing exceptional fan experience
- Other Duties as assigned
- 5 years experience as a facilitator, teacher, trainer, public speaker.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (Preferred) Degree in Organizational Development, HR, Leadership, Adult Learning, or related field.
- Professional curiosity, self-starter, ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and integrate with the broader Service and Organizational Development teams in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Has a track record of designing, developing, and implementing high impact learning solutions, using a variety of innovative approaches.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to facilitate courses and handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Strong customer service (internal and external) skills required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.
- Evenings and weekend work; occasional travel.