The Graphic Designer creates and delivers inspired and succinct experiential design strategies for our four franchises, sponsors and other business verticals. A strategic design thinker at heart, the Graphic Designer needs to be driven to understand the highly nuanced facets of each business vertical. With a high volume of design work in our shop at any given time, the Graphic Designer needs to consistently demonstrate dependability and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines, a highly efficient creative workflow, strong organizational skills and an ability to craft inspired design strategies within the defined constraints of each of the organization's brand. Guided by the collaborative spirit of Spurs Family, the Graphic Designer is expected to be team player, synthesizer of ideas and a spark for innovative thinking across the organization.
They are also expected to consistently demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external Spurs family members and demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development. Passionate about their craft as a designer within the sports and entertainment industry, they must be vested in maintaining the championship caliber standards which thread across our organization.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Employs strategic design thinking to craft inspirational design outputs in harmonious alignment with project goals, organizational brand guidelines, content marketing plans and sponsorship activation strategies
- Adhering to set SS&E workflows, effectively and efficiently champions design production for a range of holistic campaign needs across digital, print, in-game and environmental mediums
- Collaboratively participates in proof-of-concept efforts to generate the overall look and feel of large-scale campaigns, projects and initiatives
- Identifies, socializes and helps implement design best practice tools, templates and technologies to drive both effectiveness and efficiency
- Identifies need for, selects and guides appropriate external production resources as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Design portfolio demonstrating high level strategic design sensibilities which would translate to working within our range of brands
- Two+ years of collaborative graphic design experience at an ad agency or in-house corporate setting
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe creative suite for mac (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign)
- Strong photography retouching skills (Photoshop, Lightroom or comparable)
- Commitment to meeting deadlines and delivering inspired creative outputs under the systemic pressure of working in a sports and entertainment environment
- Ability to manage time independently and multiple jobs simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience designing within the constraints of brand standards
- Strong self-organization skills
- Team-centric attitude and approach
- Flexibility to work extended hours, nights and weekend as needed to meet the non-traditional nature of our businesses
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrated experience utilizing a sophisticated project management system
- Understanding of, and interest in both content marketing and visual storytelling
- UX/UI/Digital design experience (social, web, email and mobile)
- Experience working within the sports and entertainment industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Baseline motion graphics knowledge and capabilities
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.