The Event Manager will be positioned to be a vital part of the Event Services department. The ideal candidate for this position should have a fervent passion for events, complex problem solving, leadership and commitment to excellence. The Event Manager will be a leader within the department, within their peer group and in the organization. This position is salaried, and the schedule will vary depending upon event schedules. The Event Manager will be tasked with managing the San Antonio Spurs, major concerts, River City Rockfest production and other events as assigned. A commitment for high level results will be reflected in quality relations with guests, facility tenants, vendors and event promoters as well as effective business practices conducive to the general mission, goals, objectives and values of Spurs Sports and Entertainment. The eligible candidate will service and deal with a diverse group of important clients, visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels; independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
- Manage resources and staff to coordinate and plan for all back of house and front of house needs for assigned events including, but not limited to: advancing event needs with both internal and external clients, FOH and BOH staffing requirements, event resources and logistics, AutoCAD drawings, contracts, event estimates and settlements; thoroughly vetting event requirements while ensuring adherence to all appropriate regulations and policies.
- Serve as the primary liaison from load in to load out for all aspects of the event. Inform and follow-up with all internal and external contacts on requested needs and last-minute changes.
- Inspect and evaluate building readiness in preparation for San Antonio Spurs events and concerts held at the AT&T Center; follow up with internal/external contacts on any requested needs or last-minute changes.
- Works within event budget to plan, staff appropriately, and source event needs. Can analyze and explain variances and report results to the Senior Manager. Maintains databases of information used in budgeting events.
- Maintains and verifies that records are kept up-to-date including: Spurs formstack, concert promoter pack, contracts, event briefs, pre/post event inspections/reports and the event settlement file to ensure proper and timely coordination of events.
- Works with Senior Manager in setting personal and departmental goals. Leads intradepartmental meetings to ensure goals are met and event requirements are communicated as well as soliciting feedback to improve processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of increasingly responsible experience in event management in arena, convention center, stadium or other public assembly facility setting.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in business, facility management, event management, hospitality management, marketing or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; tenacious work ethic and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize and to promptly react to difficult situations in an effective manner. Flexible and creative when dealing with last minute requests/changes with events.
- Must be able to complete projects on schedule with a minimum amount of supervision and direction.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects and events simultaneously but still be a part of a team, assisting co-workers, managers and coordinators as needed.
- Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work long hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have the physical ability to work both inside and outside of the AT&T Center during all seasons of the year and possible extreme weather conditions.
- Experience in managing NBA and/or NHL events is preferred.
- Experience in managing major concerts in an arena setting is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Windows and Office Suite is required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.