Spurs Sports & Entertainment is looking for a talented, dynamic and creative choreographer to create unique and entertaining performance routines for the Spurs Hype Squad. This individual will be immersed in the operational side of the Spurs game night experience. The Entertainment Team Choreographer will be instrumental in enhancing the fan experience and creating memories. This individual will be assisting with the enhancement and presentation of the Spurs Hype Squad brand.
For this candidate to be successful, they should have extensive knowledge and experience in multiple dance styles and unique entertainment talents, such as traditional dance, hip hop, cheerleading, break dancing, tricking, stunting, etc. The candidate should continually keep up with current dance styles and industry trends.+
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Assist the Game Presentation Entertainment Coordinator with creating, teaching and “cleaning” the entertainment team’s game and special event performances. (Compensated $125 for each unique performance routine – approx. 15-20 performances expected/ season)
- Assist and lead entertainment team at practices, special events and Spurs games.
- Assist the Game Presentation department with maintaining the customer experience, coordinating and scheduling SS&E entertainment assets (The Hype Squad)
- Assist Game Presentation department with office projects, storage areas and daily/administrative tasks.
- Assist with the planning and execution of select pre-game, post-game and special events for the Spurs.
- Assist the department with game-related events and/or other duties, when assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience choreographing performance routines (demo reel required).
- Knowledge of multiple dance styles and unique entertainment talents preferred (traditional dance, hip-hop, cheerleading, break dancing, tricking, etc.).
- Must be comfortable receiving and implementing feedback.
- Must have the ability to adapt to industry trends and innovate dance styles and teaching techniques.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to work with a variety of personalities, internally and externally.
- Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Flexible schedule required (the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, as necessary).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and other computer skills required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Self-starter, pro-active, and highly motivated.
- Preferred enrollment or completion of college courses.
- Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 30 lbs. as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.