Title: Vice President, Analytics & Business Intelligence
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Sacramento Kings strive to improve and evolve every aspect of the way sports teams do business, and data-driven decision making serves as the engine behind much of the team’s innovation. The Vice President, Business Intelligence will lead one of the most sophisticated and forward-thinking business analytics groups in professional sports and will be tasked with harnessing the power of data, applied analytics, and technology to drive results across all business units. This leader will be expected to further develop the best-in-class analytical capabilities of the Kings organization and to grow the scope of responsibilities of the function across all business lines to further support senior leadership. This role extends far beyond the business of basketball and will have exposure to a broad range of functions and business units.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Lead and manage the Analytics team, promoting growth and development.
- Liaison between the various business unit managers to ensure effective cross-utilization of our assets in a manner that optimizes enterprise revenues.
- Provide strategic and analytical support when evaluating new business opportunities.
- Oversee a broad range of functional responsibilities critical to business operations, including:
- Forecasting, Reporting, and Data Visualization
- Predictive Analytics/Modeling, Lead Scoring, and Retention Strategy
- Pricing Strategies
- Reporting/Data Visualization
- CRM and Email Marketing
- Customer Research and Customer Segmentation
- Marketing Analytics and Channel Strategy
- Product Development
- Customer Loyalty
- Directly inform marketing, sales, and business operations functions to help:
- Increase paid ticket sales, sponsorship revenue, sponsorship activation, and concert revenue
- Improve tailoring of marketing and sales efforts by deepening understanding of fan segments and individual fans
- Leverage technology to enhance fan experience
- Grow ancillary revenue streams (merchandise, food & beverage, parking, etc.)
- Create actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address business objectives.
- Collaborate with all business functions and provide leadership/support by developing data-driven strategies and recommendations that help them exceed business targets.
- Work directly senior leadership to identify key business opportunities and address critical business challenges.
- Maintain relationship with outside vendors.
- 10+ years of work experience, including 5+ years in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- 5+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, or other quantitative field
- (Preferred) Advanced degree in business, computer science, statistics, or mathematics
- Proven track record of success in cross-functional work environments
- Strong communication, prioritization and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability as a creative, effective problem-solver
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong quantitative, financial, and modeling skills, including exposure to SQL and relational databases
- (Preferred) Demonstrated ability to design and implement statistical models in R and/or Python
- Ability to deliver as both a detail-oriented analyst and executive-level strategist
- Comfort and professionalism working with senior executives
- Candidate should be: a self-starter, independent, a creative thinker, ambitious, result-oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.