Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Be a world-class performer and ambassador for the Phoenix Suns organization both on the court and at appearances (charities, schools, hospitals, local businesses, etc.). Continue the great Gorilla “Go” tradition of making people smile, leaving them with long-lasting/positive memories, and representing the team with pride and passion. This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to our Vice President, Game Entertainment.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Perform at Phoenix Suns home games, select community and Suns events, domestic and international events booked by the NBA
• Actively contribute to the goals of the Game Entertainment Department and the organization to promote the Phoenix Suns throughout the community from a branding, ticket sales, community relations, and publicity standpoint
• Represent the Phoenix Suns in a professional and appropriate manner at all times, inside and outside the suit
• Create new entertainment and recycle past successes for use at performances, including on-court skits/dances/stunts, in-stands interaction and improvisation, and off-site event entertainment
• Maintain an active calendar, and share, as needed, with necessary parties, such as the Mascot Coordinator, VP, Game Entertainment, and Director, Community Relations
• Purchase, manage, and maintain Go costumes, outfits, props, vehicles, and other items
• Work with VP, Game Entertainment to create and implement an in-game repertoire and schedule for all home games and special events
• Schedule and oversee rehearsals, workouts, practice sessions, and any other extra-curricular activities pertaining to the Go program; maintain skills and physical fitness through regular usage of such activities
• Attend Annual NBA Mascot Conference, as well as other workshops and conventions, that may aid in creation of new materials, gather insight on new innovations and opportunities, and/or increase productivity and skills of position
• Synergize with individuals throughout the Phoenix Suns organization to develop new ideas and projects, utilizing the Go program alongside those of other departments
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of Go website (www.sunsgorilla.com) and other social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.); respond to fan mail, emails, and other requests directed to Go
• Regularly attend and contribute to department meetings, providing creative input, ideas and brainstorming
• College degree preferred or equivalent experience
• 2 years of mascot experience required, either collegiate or professional
• Gymnastics, dance, and acro-dunk experience strongly recommended
• Stunt skills and/or training a plus
• Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary
• Extreme athletic fitness level required
• Must be able to withstand and perform within extreme heat conditions, restrictive outfits, and impaired vision
• Ability to perform on feet in mentioned conditions for at least three hours at a time
• Must be able to run up and down stairs several times within a game
• Ability to lift heavy objects (50+ lbs.) multiple times suggested
• Ability to excite, motivate, and entertain a crowd; great sense of humor a must
• Ability to relate and respond to various personalities and actions
• Must possess extraordinary level of creativity, energy, and spontaneity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
• Ability to take direction without follow up
• Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills
Interested and qualified candidates please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered including a cover letter and salary requirements. To see how the hiring manager will view your application, click on "edit your information" and follow the instructions. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
*Please include a link to any video demos in your cover letter as well*
Suns Legacy Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Why do you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position?
How did you hear about this job?