Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Hype Crew members are responsible for keeping the energy high and entertaining the crowd, providing a great in-arena fan experience. Position begins October 2017 and ends April 2018.
Primary (Essential) Duties
- Prepare required game entertainment props and supplies for in-game execution
- Welcome and engage fans upon entering arena, distributing any fan promotional giveaways
During the game
- Responsible for preparing and executing all in-game promotions, timeouts and game day events
- Select contestants, throw out t-shirts and perform short choreographed routines
- Assist with fan events when applicable
- Distribute flyers or fan giveaways at exits when applicable
- Support staff with clean-up and storage duties
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Must be 18 years or older and athletic, cheer, or hype crew background, preferred
- Ability to multi-task and strong communication skills
- Professionalism, judgment and maturity in handling confidential matters.
- Knowledge of basketball, preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Must be available to attend most Northern Arizona Suns home games.
- Available to work 4-5 hours per home game, arriving one hour and 45 minutes before tip-off and departing 15 minutes after the conclusion of each game.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, climb stairs, work in high elevations and enclosed spaces
- Comfortable working in large crowds. Noise levels in the work environment are frequently loud
- May be exposed to outside elements and must be able to lift up to 30 pounds as needed
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns and Northern Arizona Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
How did you hear about this job?