Widely regarded as one of the top ticket sales programs in the sports business, the New Jersey Devils & Philadelphia 76ers Sales Associate program provides entry-level sports business executives with the opportunity to learn the business side of professional sports from the top leaders in the sports industry. With a focus on consistent training and development through personalized one-on-one coaching, the Devils and 76ers Sales Associate program will build the foundation needed for a long and successful career in the revenue-generating side of the sports business.
Led by one of the industry’s most decorated and well-respected sports business executives in CEO Scott O’Neil
, the Devils & 76ers owned by an investor group led by Managing Partners Josh Harris and David Blitzer. The Devils & 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the entire sport industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply now to learn why our front office was selected as one of Philadelphia Business Journal’s Best Places to Work!
· Sell a full menu of ticket products for the New Jersey Devils & Philadelphia 76ers, including, but not limited to full and partial season ticket packages, group tickets and hospitality packages.
· Make cold calls from lists of area companies provided to sell full and partial season ticket packages and group tickets.
· Utilize social selling tools to generate new lead sources
· Proactively create opportunities for new business through up selling opportunities and referrals from existing clients.
· Contact past customers in order to generate new ticket sales.
· Effectively follow up with clients and prospective clients in order to build relationships to help provide repeat business and to meet excellent customer service requirements.
· Cordially and effectively handle incoming sales calls from prospective clients for all ticket sales products.
· Conduct in-arena appointments and tours of the Prudential Center and Wells Fargo Center to assist in closing new business and developing new relationships.
· Take advantage of out of office appointments to get face-to-face with prospective buyers
· Work different events and games as assigned to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives.
· Undergraduate degree in business/sales/marketing/sports management or similar concentration.
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of an organization.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
· Extremely coachable and eager to learn every day.
· Highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to build a career in the sports business.
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required.