Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
Basketball Data Analyst
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
The Basketball Data Analyst will assist all aspects of Basketball Operations in the procurement, storage, analysis and presentation of basketball-related data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform advanced statistical analysis on large volumes of basketball-related data and implement predictive models to aid in departmental decision-making
• Analyze data and present results to Basketball Operations staff
• Research and evaluate new sources of data and analysis tools
• Review, evaluate, design and build relational databases for data storage or processing
• Write codes for database access, modifications and constructions including stored procedures
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Comfortable working confidentially
• Excellent interpersonal skills and talent for communicating clear and effective messages with a variety of different constituencies
• Strong organizational skills with focus on detailed outcomes
• Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Must be self motivated and goal oriented
• Strong knowledge base for amateur and professional basketball
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and current applications in basketball
• Must be able to work long hours on short notice, weekends and nights as needed
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with statistical software (STATA, SPSS, R, SAS etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server relational database design and implementation
• Strong experience in building database tables, views and stored procedures using Transact-SQL
• Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) a plus
• Experience with database reporting tools a plus (i.e. Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL Server reporting Services (SSRS))
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director of Minor League Operations & Basketball Technology.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you proficient with statistical software (STATA, SPSS, R, SAS, etc)?