The Utah Jazz are looking for driven individuals who are committed to becoming sales and service leaders in the sports and entertainment industry. This position will be part of the Jazz Sales & Service Academy, which is a 12-month, career growth-oriented sales and service program that focuses on the development of the skills and knowledge needed to become a senior sales and service professional within Larry H. Miller Sports & Entertainment (LHMSE).
Ticket Sales & Service Representatives will be primarily responsible for generating revenue through the sale and renewal of Utah Jazz tickets. In addition, this position will also assist in the sales efforts of other LHMSE properties, including the Salt Lake Bees, Salt Lake City Stars and select events at Vivint Smart Home Arena. Based on performance and opportunity, promotions and career advancement (including an extension to the standard 12-month program) will be provided. Representatives will contribute to all organizational goals and will be given the tremendous opportunity to work in a fun, fast-paced sports and entertainment environment.
This position is scheduled to start on May 29, 2018.
- Generate revenue by selling Utah Jazz season tickets, partial season ticket packages, mini plans, group seats, and premium inventory via face-to-face presentations, phone calls, sales tables, in-game seat visits, prospecting, referrals, social selling platforms, and networking events.
- Demonstrate world-class customer service and grow client relationships by servicing 50–100 season ticket accounts with a goal of renewing the accounts the following season.
- Utilize a CRM management system to track and report all aspects of the account (progress of relationship, client’s needs, sales opportunities, etc.).
- Commit to ongoing sales training and development through regular one-on-ones with your director; a staff mentorship program; role-play sessions; and departmental and organizational meetings.
- Meet or exceed outreach, renewal, and new sales goals.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Be a student, be a teacher, be a leader.
- Be a good teammate, contribute positively to a winning culture, and be respectful.
- Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company.
- Exemplify the Larry H. Miller Group of Company values.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude while potentially working long hours, nights, weekends, holidays, and in stressful situations.
- Must be a positive team player who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, honest, innovative, communicative, coachable, reliable, passionate, flexible, energetic, outgoing, and resilient.
- Willingness to champion the company’s mission, values, and vision, including “Being the best place in town to work and the best place in town to do business”.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- The person must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.