The Atlanta Dream is seeking candidates to fill its Basketball Operations Internship positions (2 positions available) for the 2018 season. The internship program period begins April 2, 2018 and concludes no earlier than August 31, 2018.
The position is unpaid, but course credit may be obtained as outlined by your college/university program. Interns are assigned to a specific concentration area but are expected to provide support to all areas of the Atlanta Dream’s business in a direct, supporting or administrative role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assist with daily operations directly related to the Dream
· Participate in player practices, including working the clock, keeping stats and passing and rebounding
· Assist with game day activities
· Help maintain and update player personnel board
· Assist with player community appearances
· Assist equipment manager with all duties, including preparing lockers, laundry, set-up/breakdown, packing for road trips
· Work with visiting teams to coordinate logistics
· Assist with overseeing Atlanta Dream Ball Kid Program
· Assist with day to day video operations
· Assist with scouting projects
· Assist with player workouts
· Available to work 20-40 hours a week
· Strong interest in pursuing a career in sports
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Positive and hardworking attitude
· Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop solutions quickly and effectively
· Must be willing and able to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.