At the Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena, our team is changing the game (no pun intended) when it comes to creating a memorable fan experience. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create awesomeness. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are an entertaining group that strives to do things a little differently and do them well. It also doesn’t hurt that we hold the keys to an amazing brand, a winning basketball organization and a wide variety of events at Philips Arena.
The Motion Graphics Designer brings a contemporary and design-forward skill-set to Visual FX production, In-Arena signage, and LED projects. This individual provides cut-through video production and content creation for in-arena, digital and auxiliary programming.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Work with Fan Experience team to develop creative vision for Hawks branding across all platforms from ideation to execution
- Provide content creation for departmental Video, Digital Signage and LED Production. Serve the role of producer, editor and motion-graphics artist for organizational content creation
- Management of content, delivery and distribution to Digital Signage and LED Systems for all Hawks games and events
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce, design and animate Corporate Partnerships, Atlanta Hawks Marketing and Atlanta Hawks Venues digital signage motion graphics for LED and TV signage systems in Philips Arena and Ancillary buildings
- Serve the role of motion graphics designer for the Atlanta Hawks Video Production Department for Fan Experience. Provide graphic and animation support for departmental projects as assigned (including but not limited to):
- Video features for in-arena and web/broadcast Hawks video productions or specialty digital signage (video walls, etc.)
- Video features for hawks.com and Hawks social media channels
- Video footage and feature support to Fox Sports Southeast
- Additional Internal / External video production requests
- Manage day-to-day production process for Digital Signage and LED production needs (project intake, production assignments/scheduling, and project QC/delivery) under the direction of the Visual FX Production Manager
- Acquire comprehensive operational knowledge of the Ross Xpression character-generator system. Work with the Video Production management team to design and facilitate the production of CG graphics for in-arena programming as needed
- Work with Corporate Partnerships and Hawks Marketing to determine production timeline for creative and communicate the need for adjustments to the advertising schedule
- Deliver final animations to Digital Signage and LED Systems Manager prior to the required delivery deadline. Communicate effectively when content is ready to be loaded into each system as well as any updates to existing content
- Integrate in final animation files to Digital Signage and LED Systems
- Ensure that projects and file structures are properly managed and routinely maintained throughout the season to maximize space on shared storage
- Compile and deliver proofs of existing content to internal and external clients as requested
- Operate video control room equipment as assigned for Hawks games and Hawks events
- Bachelor degree in Broadcasting/Communications or related field preferred, equivalent experience required
- A minimum of three (3) years of producing at a post-production facility required
- A minimum of five (5) years professional experience as Digital Graphics Designer required.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder and Illustrator required
- A minimum of three (3) years experience with Cinema 4D, 3DS Max or Maya preferred
- Ability to creatively and effectively engage and work with a team of producers, editors and designers
- Experience working with unique composition sizes preferred (LED and multiple display formats) required
- High energy and strong creative skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Game night responsibilities: Yes
- Approximate number of games worked per season: 1-20
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.