This is a great opportunity with the Memphis Grizzlies organization for an ambitious, focused and detail-oriented candidate seeking to break into the Marketing and Advertising field.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for supporting three major areas: (1) administration of game and event advertising, (2) marketing channel data gathering, and (3) billing, invoicing and administrative support. The Marketing Coordinator will also provide general support to the Marketing Strategy department.
The position plays an active role in building awareness and excitement for our family of brands - Memphis Grizzlies, FedExForum, Grind City Media, Memphis Hustle, and Grizz Gaming. It also plays a critical role in ensuring data is accurately gathered from all digital and traditional marketing channels for use within our data warehouse.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Director, Advertising with setup and administration of paid social, paid search, display, online retargeting, TV, radio, and print campaigns.
- Traffic ad materials for approval.
- Acquire media kits and rate information from websites, radio, TV, billboards, and newspapers.
- Collect and file documents from publications, TV & radio stations, and event promoters.
- Review tear-sheets for correct ads per insertion orders and maintain files.
- Confirm that make-goods are successfully ran as agreed.
- Participate in marketing campaign ideation sessions as needed.
- Distribute print ad materials, flyers, posters, gift packages, etc.
Marketing Channel Data Gathering
- Collect reports from marketing channel partners on campaign performance.
- Perform data entry and ensure data is correctly formatted and reflected in Excel or Google Sheets for marketing channels without automation. This includes TV, radio, print, email, mobile app downloads, text message ticketing, banner ads, etc.
- Ensure spreadsheets are updated prior to the weekly deadline for ingestion into our reporting system.
- Work with Marketing Strategy Analyst as necessary on data gathering initiatives.
- Assist with ongoing market research initiatives and data collection/entry.
- Assist with updating online ad reporting.
Billing & Invoicing
- Code and screen invoices against traffic instructions and insertion orders.
- Circulate invoices for approval.
- Research statements and follow-up with Finance regarding payment as needed
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum one year related work experience.
- Must be focused, extremely detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and complete on-time is critical.
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information and learn new skills is critical.
- Excellent computer skills including MSExcel, MSWord, & MSOffice.
- Must be a team player with a strong customer service focus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as required.
- Previous experience with data gathering is a plus.
- Experience working with Scarborough Research data a bonus.
- Knowledge and passion of NBA Basketball.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.