We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware 87ers, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Team Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
Position Summary: As a fan strategist, communications planning is your strength. You combine behavioral and psychographic insights, in-depth channels expertise, and platform innovation to both inspire marketing campaigns and develop custom media strategies. Data is the driver and delivering engagement is the goal. You are responsible for promoting data-enhanced decision making throughout the organization by delivering inspiring creative briefs.
In this position, you are in the know of the latest media trends and are continuously hungry to stay ahead of the ad-tech and new media space. You have strong knowledge of both digital and traditional media planning, which is all used to aid the development of strategic plans for teams and proactively brings innovative ideas to the table that help drive our businesses.
Collaboration is key, and it’s used to develop best-in-class campaign management, working cohesively with internal teams, partners and vendors. Analyze and optimize campaigns in real-time and work in partnership with other internal stake holders to deliver findings/reports.
This position generally requires that work be performed from the Philadelphia 76ers corporate offices in Camden, NJ.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Act as the organization’s thought leader for fan marketing communications.
· Lead and develop the annual fan marketing communications plan for teams, and fine tune the communications planning process.
· Conduct market research on media consumption patterns for different markets and audiences around the world.
· Take high-level communications objectives and identify how a team should behave in different cultural spaces and platforms.
· Concept and develop culturally-relevant connection ideas that live in media environments.
· Mine client and consumer data in collaboration with analytics team members to uncover insights and inform decision-making.
· Work with senior team members to develop research methodology using various tools and platforms.
· Hold creative briefings and work-sessions to develop new ecosystem-driven and innovative ideas.
· Prepare and deliver presentations to teams with your media findings and recommendations.
· Educate internal stakeholders on media innovation trends and potential.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
· Bachelor’s Degree, top-tier college/university.
· 5-7 years’ experience at a major, top-tier agency, sports team, lifestyle brand, or in data strategy function at a large consumer-facing brand.
· Passion for sports & entertainment.
· Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented and work well under pressure.
· Effective written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to write and deliver persuasive presentations is critical.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
· Ability to interpret ongoing research reports, guide and partner with analysts on segmentation and market sizing studies, utilizing their findings to inform communications recommendations.
· Incredible work ethic and eager to dig into the details.
· Understanding of Omniture, Sysomos, Affinio, Salesforce, and similar analytics tools.
· Strong intellectual curiosity.
· Passion for sports and growing fan engagement.
· May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights. Additional trips working at the NJ Devils/Prudential Center offices in Newark, NJ.
· This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
· None Required