The Chicago Sky is looking to hire part-time Inside Sales Representatives for the 2018 season to join us at our new home, Wintrust Arena. This position will be a 3 month role starting in May that is responsible for soliciting new season tickets, group tickets and premium seating business by telephone, email, LinkedIn, and face-to-face meetings. Each rep is expected to make a minimum of 75 phone calls per day. Representatives are required to follow up with their leads in a timely manner, service all incoming requests for season and group ticket information, and provide additional support to the Ticket and Service departments when necessary.
Office hours will be semi-flexible, with a maximum of 24 hours per week, and will be located at team's front offices in the South Loop area. Hours may also include evenings, weekends, and holidays (e.g. game days, ticket sales events). Reps will be paid $12 per hour plus an aggressive commission and bonus structure for achieving ticket sales revenue goals. Although there are no guarantees for full-time employment once the program ends, individuals who excel will be considered for Account Executive positions.
- Currently have or pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in sports administration, business, advertising, marketing, communications, or liberal arts degrees are preferred
- Interest in building a career in sales
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
- Sales experience, although not required, is very helpful
- Able to interact with internal and external clients in a professional manner
- Comfortable meeting, speaking, and dealing with business owners and professionals
- Live in Chicagoland Area and have access to reliable transportation
- Ability to work semi-flexible hours including, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge, enthusiasm, and interest in the Chicago Sky, women’s professional sports, and the greater Chicago community
Candidates must be able to travel to Sky head office in Chicago, IL (McCormick Place) and to various events around the Chicago-land area. This position reports directly to the Ticket Sales and Services department.
Please submit a cover Letter and resume to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept phone calls regarding this position.