The Philadelphia 76ers is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by one of the industry’s most decorated and well-respected sports business executives in CEO Scott O’Neil. The Sixers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the entire sports industry. The Sixers offer an energetic working environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
Position Summary: The purpose of this internship is to give the intern valuable experience on running, maintaining and executing strategies to successfully run an overnight sports camp. This internship is intended to expose the intern to what goes intoa basketball camp aside from the playing and coaching aspects. Upon completion of this internship,the intern should be able to know and understand all the planning and management aspects of an elite Sports Camp.
This internship requires one to stay overnight at Valley Forge Academy and College from June 25, 2018 – July 29, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Work with Director of the Dining Hall on meal times & supervision schedule.
· Organize deliveries from various vendors.
· Fill and maintain water and outside hydration stations.
· Work with administrative staff on office and daily intern schedule.
· Assist onsite staff with posting the daily schedule.
· Assist in all aspects of registration and camper & staff orientation.
· Assist with weekly awards ceremony.
· Assist in developing daily speaker schedules for pro coaches and players.
· Assist with greeting and transporting guest speakers.
· Update and maintain staff contact list during each session.
· Assist and maintain a weekly inventory of candy and ice cream (concessions).
· Report to the Director daily on any problems with the facility or equipment.
· Coordinate weekend trips for campers and staff to the outside events such as: movies,amusement parks, practice facility, etc.
· Assist the Administrative Assistant with bus/airport/limo schedule for camper transportation.
· Assist the Director with camper photo package and distribution of camp uniforms.
· Develop a rotating schedule for the canteen,information tents and activities schedule to ensure there is always staff on hand.
· Assist with daily facilities walk through and camper inspection.
· Assist with morning wake up call and camper supervision in recreation center, movie theater, indoor and outdoor pool, paintball and weekend trips.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
· High school degree or equivalent and must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program at the Junior, Senior or Graduate level.
· Currently pursuing a Sports Management degree is a plus.
· Strong work ethic and communication skills.
· Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills.
· None Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.