Hours: 25 hours per week
Seasonal: April - September (Seasonal)
Salary: College Credit
This is an opportunity to work in the fast-paced world of WNBA game presentation with the Los Angeles Sparks. Interns will work directly with the Director of Game Operations/Promotions & Entertainment and the Game Operations Coordinator, as well as marketing and sponsorship fulfillment. This department is responsible for the planning and execution of each game night’s format.
Key Program Benefits:
· Career Related hands on experience with a Championship Professional Sports Team
· An inside look at the Game Day Operations and events of the LA Sparks WNBA team
· Practical Knowledge and Training on in-game presentation, execution and heavy interaction with the LA Sparks current fan base.
· Opportunity to explore different avenues of the sports industry through access to various departments.
· This is a fun, fast-paced internship that will add real work experience to your resume as well as your coursework.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn to execute in-game programs and assist in the implementation of game day plans.
- Gain expertise with game-day set-up; including but not limited to banners, on-court props, halftime details, booths, and contests or giveaways.
- Develop live game coordination skills for sponsorship department on game-day projects including all on-court and halftime promotions, etc.
- Acquire a mastery to read game day scripts.
- Grow professional-client relationship interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer experience
- Strong organizational, multitasking, prioritization and time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Ability to take direction/feedback
- Some use of personal vehicle
- Attend All LA Sparks home games
- Job includes night & weekend hours