The Digital Innovation & Strategy team of the Miami HEAT seek two enthusiastic interns to join our department and help achieve our big goals. As an intern, you will collaborate with our department to help support our main endeavor: transforming the AmericanAirlines Arena into a cashless and paperless environment.
The primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to the Managers, Directors and VPs with secondary support to the entire “Digital Strategy & Innovation” and “Business Intelligence & Strategy” teams. Responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting technology projects, analyzing user data and preparing reports, internal and external stakeholder customer relations, taking meeting notes and documenting action items in all meetings, respond to Mobile Support questions via email and Mobile Hotline. Requires strong computer and Internet research skills. Also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Research new technologies to provide recommendations for new experiences at the AmericanAirlines Arena
- Work closely with the key team members on increasing mobile app usage and support of other mobile initiatives across the organization.
- Brainstorm, research, and present ideas for incorporating new and/or emerging technology at the Arena
- Study data and trends from the 2018-18 season to develop recommendations for the upcoming season
- Help plan, attend, and execute trainings on the HEAT app to internal staff members
- Provide office support through daily administrative duties, as assigned
Relevant experience using the following skills:
- Working knowledge of user applications such as Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Outlook
- Development of daily plans; implementation of plans and instructions
- Ability to work autonomously and with personnel with diverse backgrounds and learning styles
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines
- Must be flexible in response to changing program priorities
- Sound judgment and ability to handle duties and information with confidentiality and discretion
Nice-to-Have Technology Skills
- Interested and passionate in working in a fast-paced, technology start-up-like atmosphere
- Be Tech-Savvy. We are constantly implementing and testing new technology. Looking for someone who is excited and has the ability to learn and troubleshoot on the fly. Having previous exposure to new tech develop and mobile apps is preferred.
- Must be enrolled at an accredited university.
- Available five days a week from 9am-5pm; some weekends or nights may be required
- Excellent written and verbal communication