Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
Inside Sales Representative
This position is exclusive to former NBA and WNBA players. If you have an interest in a ticket sales position for a team, please apply to the team.
The NBA is a global sports and media business built around three professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the Women’s National Basketball Association and the NBA G League. The league has established a major international presence with games and programming in 215 countries and territories in 49 languages, and NBA merchandise for sale in more than 125,000 stores in 100 countries on 6 continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2016-17 season featured a record 113 international players from 41 countries and territories. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA App and NBA LEAGUE PASS. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with more than 1.3 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.
NBA, NBA G League, and WNBA teams are hiring ticket sales professionals!
Are you passionate about the revenue generating side of the sports industry?
Do you want an opportunity to learn from some of the brightest minds in ticket sales?
Working as a sales rep for a team gives you the chance to build a solid sales foundation which allows the opportunity for future advancement in your career. As a sales rep, you will be responsible for selling season tickets, mini plans, event suites, and groups. You will generate revenue via phone, email marketing, face to face presentations, in-arena tours and out-of-office appointments. Day to day leadership and mentoring will be provided by the Inside Sales Manager.
Examples of Responsibilities
- Sell a full menu of ticket products teams, including, but not limited to full and partial season ticket packages, group tickets and hospitality packages
- Generate leads by researching prospective clients & organizations
- Responsible for making 80-100 phone calls daily
- Meet monthly with Inside Sales Manager to set goals and discuss strategy for attaining these goals
- Maintain digital records of all season ticket customers and prospects with our CRM system
- Work different team events and games as assigned to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives
- Conduct in-arena appointments and tours of arena to assist in closing new business and developing new relationships
- Utilize social selling tools to generate new lead sources
- Proactively create opportunities for new business through up selling opportunities and referrals from existing clients
- Effectively follow up with clients and prospective clients in order to establish relationships and meet excellent customer service requirements
- Cordially and effectively handle incoming sales calls from prospective clients for all ticket sales products
- Take advantage of out of office appointments to get face-to-face with prospective buyers
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact appropriately and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of an organization
- Excellent presentation skills
- Very coachable and eager to learn every single day
- Highly motivated individual with a strong desire to build a career in the sports business
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption
- Undergraduate degree in business/sales/marketing/sports management preferred
How did you hear about this job?
yes/No: Are you a former NBA, WNBA or NBA G League player? (Answer Yes or No)
Yes/No: Do you have any previous sales experience? (Answer Yes or No)