Overview: Force 10 Hoops (Seattle Storm) is a professional basketball franchise that is looking for motivated, energetic, and dedicated individuals to gain hands-on experience in professional sports as part of the Storm Marketing & Promotions Team. Work closely with members of the Storm’s Events & Entertainment department to execute projects from start to finish, including: game night production and operations, community outreach promotions, Storm special events, and administrative support. Many of these events are on evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Plan, implement and manage game night functions (in-arena, on-court, concourse & plaza activities) for EVERY STORM HOME GAME
- Assist in event planning for marketing, ticket sales, community relations and public relations initiatives (e.g, basketball clinics, Season Ticket Holder parties, press conferences, Media Day, marketing events)
- Manage Marketing & Event inventory (premium items, printed materials, signage, props)
- Contribute to the development of branding/positioning for all advertising and promotional campaigns including ticket sales, sponsorship activation, TV and radio broadcasts, grassroots events, and KeyArena game activities
- Create and manage props for in-game promotions
- Skills and Experience:
- Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously, manage a project from design to completion, and deliver an outstanding work product
- Detail-oriented, especially under deadline pressures, with excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organized and efficient with time
- Creative focus when problem solving
- Positive attitude toward colleagues and outside vendors
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building talents
- Knowledge of Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Ability to work nights/weekends/flexible schedule
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy/awkward props, boxes, items
- Experience with prop-making and/or arts & crafts preferred
- A flexible schedule is required, as you must be able to work all home game days. Please review our home game schedule at www.StormBasketball.com before applying.
This is a part-time position. Qualified candidates should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference that you are applying for the Marketing & Promotions Associate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.