This is a management position that oversees and supervises the engineering components of the arena.This includes the safe and efficient operation of all equipment and building systems and the coordination of the Engineering and Maintenance team’s daily activities.
- Assists in oversight all facility systems including Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire/Life Safety.
- Implements all Federal, State and Local Safety Regulations (i.e. ADA Compliance, OSHA Standards).
- General knowledge for troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing HVAC, Refrigeration Electrical, Plumbing equipment, and the building automation systems in order to insure the safe, efficient and economical operation.
- Recommends modifications, replacements, repairs and procedures. Generates a short term and long term Preventative Maintenance plan for the District.
- On a routine and preset basis, inspect systems, equipment or components to identify hazards, defects or the need for adjustment or repair, as well as to ensure compliance with codes.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service.
- Responsible for oversite and processing of facility work orders and completion in the appropriate timeframe. Deer District LLC utilizes eMaint as its functioning CMMS Software Solution.
- Event coverage to include, but not limited to management of Building Systems related to ALL MEP Systems in the District.
- Assists with the monitoring of vendors and outside contractors as appropriate.
- Maintain positive working relationships with service contractors, suppliers, utility companies and firms doing business with the Deer District, LLC.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records with regard to annual inspections of equipment and MEP systems.
- Responsible for reporting of accidents involving personnel, vehicles, public liability, property damage and fidelity claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Engineering or other related field with a minimum of 6 years of experience in a commercial facility.
- Experience should include a well-rounded background and vast knowledge of heating, boilers, air-conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems, including equipment maintenance and repairs;
- Has a solid understanding of Federal, State and Local building code requirements
- Have a working knowledge of OSHA 30 safety regulations and chemical handling/storage procedures.
- Valid Driver's License
- Excellent personal organization skills and exceptional planning skills to avoid reactional situation(s).
- Flexibility to respond to urgent client requests on evenings and weekends when necessary;
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
- Excellent relational skills and experience dealing with union environment.
- Position will be evaluated on organization skills and his/her attention to detail.
- Ability to manage staff, communicate information in an appropriate manner and successfully accomplish our goal of being the most successful and respected Sports and Entertainment Company in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.