The Seattle Storm is seeking a communications intern to help with the day-to-day operations of the Storm communications department. A successful candidate will be detail-orientated with a passion for women’s basketball. The position is required to work 20 hours plus all Storm home games, and will report to the Sr. Coordinator of Digital Communications.
- Manage all media and internal credential requests for Storm home games
- Assist with media management and player interview coordination at Storm practices
- Oversee gameday media materials, including game notes, media stat packets and clips
- Write game previews and recaps for StormBasketball.com
- Write feature stories for StormBasketball.com
- Proactively offer ideas for new content, including video, written and photography content
- Write content for the Storm gameday roster cards
- Additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
Interested in pursuing a career in sports communication
- 1+ years of relevant experience in journalism or public relations
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, is preferred
- Familiarity with stats and completing statistical projects
- A flexible schedule is vital, as the demands of the job may include some evening hours.
- Because of the nature of the department’s projects, a strong knowledge of the Seattle Storm and the WNBA is essential
- Adhere to Seattle Storm organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Storm organization
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.