Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Job Title: Video Editor/Producer
Department: Live Programming & Entertainment
Reports to: Executive Producer – Live Programming & Entertainment
Position Type: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
Date Modified: 11/7/2017
Position Summary/Objective: This position serves as the primary video editor and footage reel producer for the video experience at Timberwolves and Lynx game nights and events. This position will edit and produce all highlight videos, entertainment skits, interviews, music/hype videos, and other miscellaneous video features for the in-game/fan experience. This position will also oversee the edited archives of each of the LPE video initiatives.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Edit and produce all video-based features for the Timberwolves/Lynx gamenight experience
- Edit and produce video features for various gamenight initiatives as needed
- Shoot/gather all relevant video needed for the “customized points” of each gamenight
- Serve as primary LPE contact with NBA for unique footage/highlight gathering for individual events/games through the NBA’s content/clip servers
- Work with Partnerships to create/execute entertainment concept videos for sellable gamenight assets and concepts
- Serve as video lead for all media day and production day crewing and production
- Develop relationships with local studios and production houses, and serve as primary point of contact for these needs.
- Create and execute “Entertainment Deliverables List” for all post-event needs for performance groups, partnerships, ticket sales, CR, among others.
- Serve as primary Cinematographer for all LPE shoots/needs
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong experience with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and Non-Linear Editing Systems.
- Strong experience operating DSLR and/or Mirrorless Camera systems and cinematography methods
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is strongly preferred.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year of video production/editing training or education preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Knowledge or experience with Photoshop
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours will consist of gameday hours, and will typically be 8+ hour shifts, 2-3 days/week (average). In addition to working office hours, staff will be required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games and events as needed. Work is both sedentary and active in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the building both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move items weighing up to 30 pounds.
This position will require some travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
How did you hear about this job?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
Please list your salary range preference.
Do you have at least one year of video production/editing experience?