Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
eSports Team Marketing Manager
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
This position requires a very detail-oriented individual, capable of multi-tasking and possessing the ability to prioritize, schedule and deliver. Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must. This position is the spoke of the wheel that makes the HEAT eSports team(s) roll. Understanding the eSports landscape and culture, as well as our HEAT culture, is key.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Serve as the point-person for all eSports activities across all internal HEAT disciplines
- Oversee eSports Team Operations position
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to secure appropriate assets, develop brand awareness, help build social media presence/PR and maximize sponsorship opportunities
- Partner with Digital team to develop fan engagement in social media channels and develop strategies to increase engagement
- Serve as the “resident expert” on all things eSports; educate HEAT staff on eSports
- Work with eSports players and other internal stakeholders to create successful content development and delivery strategies
- Coordinate with Corporate Sales and Marketing departments to increase revenue through specific marketing initiatives
- Manage relationships within eSports-related organizations, and cultivate new relationships
- Provide industry and local insights as input into the overall strategy
- Regularly assess team’s performance and recommend methodologies to ensure successful, sustainable delivery
- Research gaming industry events and conventions leading to recommendations for team activations and involvement, including possible local events and activations
- Develop strategies for cultivating and engaging the gaming communities in South Florida and worldwide
- Develop eSports fans into HEAT fans and vice-versa
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience at either a publisher, team, or brand working on eSports activities or competitions
- Experience in competitive gaming, professional gaming, leagues and tournaments
- Understanding and experience around eSports; knowledge of NBA2K community
- Significant knowledge of gaming and internet/digital media industries.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities based upon analyzing relevant information and potential outcomes
- Professional writing skills and editorial acumen
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Detail-oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner, be well organized and able to prioritize efficiently, and take initiative
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on priorities and deadlines in a demanding environment
- Capable of working extended hours such as nights, weekends, overtime, and travel as needed.
How did you hear about this job?