The Coordinator of Promotions and Live Entertainment will oversee the development and execution of all Memphis Hustle games and events with the goal of creating a unique, entertaining and fan-friendly event experience. This person is also responsible for the implementation and management of all cross-platform promotions in support of Memphis Hustle ticket sales and service, marketing partnerships and more, along with events and promotions surround the new eSports NBA2K venture, consistent with the Grizzlies and G League brands.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Live Entertainment / Game Presentation
- Oversee all elements of game operations. Manage game day event staff including PA announcer, dance team, mascot, sound operator, on-court entertainment, video operators, etc. Serve as primary game day producer for all Memphis Hustle home games.
- Book talent/acts for halftimes, timeouts, pre- and post game. Work with local promoters/talent agencies to identify unique and appropriate talent. Administer all entertainer contracts.
- Devise new and creative in-game and in-arena entertainment, including on-court promotions, video pieces, fan interactive elements, mascot skits, etc.
- Work in conjunction with marketing partnership, brand, ticketing, communications and broadcast departments to ensure all elements and promotions are fulfilled.
- Oversee game day event script and rundown. Conduct production meetings.
Promotions & Events
- Create and develop promotional calendar. Manage the planning, development and execution of a marketing strategy to each promotional initiative.
- Work with to create and implement in-game, out-of-arena, and media promotions for all G League & eSports events.
- Administer premium program, including the selection, sourcing, pricing and distribution of all giveaway items.
- Identify promotional partners and events consistent with the Memphis Hustle, eSports and Grizzlies brands.
- Responsible for staffing and managing Street Team for games and events.
- Collaborate with Brand and Content Marketing and Marketing Strategy to ensure all communication vehicles are consistent in look, tone, content and quality per brand standards.
- Work closely with Ticket Sales and Services, Ticket Operations, Marketing Strategy, Brand, Content Marketing, Communications and Broadcast, and Partnership Marketing to maximize revenue generating opportunities and support ticket sales, ticket renewal, sponsorship and branding initiatives.
- Work closely with all counterparts within the Grizzlies team, including but not limited to Live Entertainment, Promotions, Brand, Marketing Strategy, Digital, Broadcast, Marketing Partnership and others to ensure proper execution of all Memphis Hustle & eSports elements, programs and initiatives.
- Manage departmental budget.
- Other related duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, marketing, communications or other related field
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in live event production, marketing and promotions
- Experience in developing and executing promotion and marketing plans, utilizing traditional and digital channels to drive revenue
- Live broadcasting and post-production experience preferred
- Ability to effectively manage dotted line/informal staff relationships
- Expertise in event and project management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Creative and imaginative thinker
- A team player and detail oriented
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Position may require minimal travel
- Knowledge and passion for NBA basketball