Provides financial assistance to management by analyzing, researching, and recording accounting data.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Complete daily bank activity booking and reporting for the Rockets, Toyota Center, and Clutch City Foundation.
- Prepare and finalize all bank reconciliations for each entity monthly.
- Prepare check deposits and logs for delivery to the bank.
- Assist with the Rockets and Toyota Center monthly close process, including account reconciliations, detailed account schedule preparation and journal entry postings by the deadline.
- Assist with various audits throughout the year including Year End Financial, BRI and CFS NBA League audits.
- Assist with the Rockets game day 50/50 raffle accounting process.
- Assist with gate reporting to NBA after each home game, including payment submission.
- Assist with the review of batch invoice expense coding and proper approvals for vendor payment processing.
- Perform special projects and other various duties as requested by supervisor.
- Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork and contributes meaningfully to building a cohesive, efficient department that serves all customer needs at an exemplary level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting required.
- 0-2 years of relevant audit or general ledger accounting experience.
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – especially Excel.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail and accuracy.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.