Support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s Human Resources and Payroll department.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork and contributes meaningfully to building a cohesive, efficient department that serves all customer needs at an exemplary level.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the HR and payroll department.
- Understand our HRIS platforms and how they interface with the accounting system used to process payroll and respond to employee inquiries.
- Assist with all aspects related to semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls for the Houston Rockets and the Toyota Center.
- Assist with W-2 preparation at year-end and reconciliation of all federal payroll tax returns – 941s and 940s
- Candidate must be able to navigate well in Microsoft Excel to calculate taxes due, taxes withheld, taxes paid, allocated wages, etc.
- Prepare team and scouting travel per diem, including taxing the employees.
- Prepare ad hoc reports upon request from department heads.
- Creates, maintains, and archives all personnel files within regulatory compliance.
- Assist with new hire onboarding, including processing background checks, data entry communicating status to managers, and coordinating orientations.
- Assist in the maintenance and filing of all player, coach, and staff employment contracts.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Assist with coordinating staff events and team meetings.
- Process verification of wages and employment from third parties.
- Must have at least one year experience processing payroll.
- Must have at least one year experience working in or with an HR department.
- Knowledge of Paycor is preferred.
- Must be of high moral character and able to keep information confidential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with great attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team environment with exceptional interfacing skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must be able to meet recurring deadlines.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.